Why are programmers paid
The programmer's salary
The programmer profession is becoming more and more popular. In addition to the increasing demand, the main reason for this is the high salary that can be achieved in the profession. Therefore, on this page we dedicate ourselves to the average salary as a programmer, which comes from our own database.
Gross salary as a programmer
|Monthly gross salary||3.598,24€|
|Annual gross salary||43.178,86€|
|How much net?|
According to our data collection, programmers receive a nationwide average of around € 3,598.24 gross per month or € 43,178.86 gross per year. The hourly wage is therefore around € 20.76 on average.
Current salary data for the profession of programmer
You can see the latest ten data sets from programmers from our salary statistics yourself below. All data on this page was collected by us.
|Gross salary in €||Age||gender||workplace|
How much do you earn as a programmer?
- You can also help us to optimize our calculations. Simply enter your salary data here.
The programmer's gender salary
The gender pay gap is the average gross wage difference between women and men, which in many professions is reflected in the fact that male employees earn more.
There is also a salary difference in the programmer's profession. According to our survey, female programmers can earn an average of € 3,200.00, while male programmers receive an average salary of € 3,618.15. The difference is therefore 11.56%.
|gender||Gross salary in €|
Average salary after graduation as a programmer
The educational qualification can have a direct impact on the salary prospects in some professions. A look at the average data from our database reveals whether there is also a salary increase for the job of programmer with a higher educational qualification:
|graduation||Gross salary in €|
|University entrance qualification||2.900,00|
|General University Entrance Qualification||4.183,00|
The benefits of being a programmer
Does the programming profession bring other advantages besides the salary? In order to clarify this question, information on the benefits as a programmer is stored in our database:
What does a programmer do
The term programmer describes a profession in the IT industry. Programmers are responsible for the further development and creation of software. The salary of a programmer, just like that of a computer scientist, depends on the industry, the size of the company and, essentially, on professional experience.
Programmers are always needed. Due to the high demand, a corresponding salary can be negotiated.
It is best to pay programmers in large corporations. The highest salaries are earned by employees in the banking sector, as well as in the insurance, medical and mechanical engineering sectors.
- The programmer's knowledge also plays a key role in his monthly earnings. Java, C, C ++ and PHP are particularly in demand.
Tasks of a programmer
Programmers write, develop and implement software with the help of a programming language. In general, they are responsible for the maintenance, care and documentation as well as the evaluation of applications and processes.
- Programmers also develop web applications or apps.
The specific tasks are industry-specific and depend on the department. The various tasks of programmers at a glance:
- Design and implement software
- Development of front and back end solutions
- Programming of individual modules or complete applications
- Use of programming language (Java, C ++, Ruby, etc.)
- Develop concepts
- Digitization of service processes
- Customer advice and support
- Setting up A / B tests
Become a programmer
For the job of programmer, a university degree in (technical) computer science or an apprenticeship is generally required. This is a commercial apprenticeship as an IT specialist for application development. Usually the degree is achieved after 3 years.
|Year of training||salary|
|1st year of training||695 euros to 755 euros gross monthly|
|2nd year of training||755 euros to 812 euros gross monthly|
|3rd year of training||830 euros to 888 euros gross monthly|
Compare more salaries now
01. Personal data
02. Work dates
- When you meditate what is your mantra
- Where can we share our ideas
- Which leads to the fact that wet things smell bad
- What is Spiritual Hinduism
- How do I politely dismiss an employee
- Should hemp milk be chunky
- How does education help in society
- How much should parents pay their babysitter
- What is posadism
- Cooking Neeta Ambani for Mukesh
- Avocado increases blood sugar
- How does the Taobao platform make money
- How can population growth be reversed
- What if I'm good for nothing
- The central banks buy US stocks
- What are the most common devops tools
- What are examples of neglect
- What is intercultural understanding
- Ultimately, everything is really worth it
- What do you call your grandmother
- What does home insurance cover
- Does Meritocracy work why or why not
- Why do foreigners marry Filipino women
- Do you know anything about au pairs?