Why do women experience vaginal discharge
Vaginal discharge / inflammation
A little discharge (fluor genitalis, fluor vaginalis) from the vagina is by no means unusual - it occurs in every woman. The daily secretion of secretions is part of the normal female body function. The amount in which it occurs differs from woman to woman. In addition, the amount of discharge changes over the course of the cycle. Shortly before ovulation, in the middle of the cycle, more secretions are produced, as well as before the onset of the menstrual period. This is due to the influence of the female sex hormone, estrogen. Temporary stress or excitement can also lead to increased discharge.
Discharge in a healthy vaginal environment is initially quite normal
The normal discharge is whitish and odorless and is therefore also known as white flow (fluor albus). The secretion consists of a liquid from the cervix and the skin cells of the vagina. It protects the vagina from pathogens and prevents sperm from entering an unprepared uterus. The protective function is primarily created by a large number of lactic acid bacteria that create an acidic environment and thus prevent pathogens from multiplying.
If this milieu is disturbed, some microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.) can take over and lead to vaginal infections or sexually transmitted diseases. The vaginal inflammation (colpitis, vaginitis) is the generic term for an infection by various pathogens. The most common disorders are bacterial vaginal inflammation, z. B. bacterial vaginosis or inflammation caused by other bacterial pathogens, and fungal infections (candidiasis / candidiasis). Depending on the pathogen, the discharge can also be a sign of a serious illness such as gonorrhea or the rare tuberculosis.
- When does the KPTCL 2019 exam take place?
- What's your worst experience with HMRC
- Elon Musk is smarter than Bill Gates
- Where do the child laborers come from?
- How open is an open relationship
- Review companies training on background checks
- Why is money puffing up
- What about building quickly in the building
- What is a developed country
- What are some traditional foods from Turkey
- Why do we study civil engineering
- China uses child labor
- How does individual responsibility affect the economy?
- Why is Snapchat falling in popularity
- What is the current population of Turkey
- Can you lose your sense of taste
- Why should the school hours be shorter?
- What are conservative values versus liberal values
- What do you think of bad teachers
- What are some of the Australian traditions
- The Greeks are descendants of North Africans
- What is the gospel of the four
- How do you treat disrespectful people
- How do we get into an IT company?