How do I impress new employees
How employers can impress their applicants
# 1 send reminders
Hopefully the applicant will not forget the date for the interview, but a reminder from the company can still be a good idea. On the one hand, it reminds you of the time and place for the appointment; on the other hand, it signals: We look forward to seeing you! A few lines are enough, a good time for sending is two to three days before the date. Employers can also really score with additional information on travel and parking. If a reminder does not make sense, e.g. because there are only a few days between making an appointment and the conversation, the appointment confirmation can be upgraded with extra information.
# 2 About the interview
A job interview is usually like jumping into deep water. As an applicant, you rarely know what to expect: who will I be sitting across from? How much time should I plan for this? Employers can answer these questions in advance. You don't have to send out a complete agenda and you don't have to commit to a fixed schedule, but you can still inform candidates about the key data of the interview:
We look forward to welcoming you to our headquarters next Tuesday at 10 a.m. First of all, some information for you: Tobias Klein, our Head of Marketing and the commercial director Susanne Huber will attend the meeting. Following our conversation, we would like to introduce the team to you and take a short tour of the company. All in all, we should need around 1.5 hours for this. You will find sufficient parking space directly in front of the main entrance. If you have any questions, please contact me by email or phone.
# 3 Goodbye
The race for the job is made by a single applicant - but the successors on the “podium” can also be very promising candidates. However, employers should not rely on these applicants to reapply for vacancies in the future. If you want to keep talent warm, you have to start with the unpleasant abandonment of the rejection.
- No standard letter
Good rejections are formulated individually and appreciatively. A phone call is sometimes better than a written rejection.
- Send goodie
If it fits the corporate culture and the image as an employer, a small present can alleviate the pain of rejection. You don't send a goodie to all applicants, of course, but maybe to those two candidates who also made it onto the shortlist.
- Keep in touch
"We keep your application on record", sentences like these are just a glossy "unfortunately no" for many applicants. Polite, but nothing behind it. What HR managers and recruiters can do instead: Seriously express the wish to stay in contact - and mean it. This can be via the contact request via a business network or by including the contact details in the in-house talent pool, if the applicant agrees.
- Who is the best physical therapist in Australia
- Why shouldn't we discipline children?
- Can an older person bloom longer
- How someone can be rich before 30
- Moses was an alcoholic
- Why is inflation necessary for an economy
- What is the best symbol size
- Trust Facebook and Google
- Are millennials selfish
- Why do children like to play more?
- What is not possible in Thailand
- How do I talk to strangers
- Is the English accent perfect in Hong Kong
- How does Hollywood do baby birth scenes
- Can the genotype change spontaneously
- What are your favorite bisexual word games
- Should Edinburgh have a tourist tax
- How many books contain Confucius teachings
- You can wash clothes without detergent
- What are some typical foods from Canada
- What is the best hemp oil
- How can line and personnel organization work
- What things can you have in prison
- How does a good student behave
- What is the package offered by Powergrid
- What is the notation of Raag Bhupali
- What are the worst paying medical specialties
- Why do emotions often trump logic?
- Gambling addiction is a really problematic addiction
- Why is pyridine less basic than piperidine?
- What is the IUPAC name of CH2COOH
- What music video ruined a song
- Why do people care about their future
- Why did God choose Israel?