Why do older people walk so slowly
Recognize and avoid dangers
(1) Kannus, P, et al., Prevention of falls and consequent injuries in elderly people. Lancet 2005; 366 (9500) 1885-1993.
(2) Connell, BR, Wolf, SL ,. Environmental and behavioral circumstances associated with falls at home among healthy elderly individuals. Atlanta FICSIT Group. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1997; 78 (2) 179-186.
(3) Runge, M, Rehfeld, G, Stay mobile - care for people with walking difficulties and the risk of falling. Hanover, Schlütersche Verlagbuchhandlung 2001.
(4) Runge, M., On the multifactorial pathogenesis of gait disorders, falls, and hip fractures in old age. Z Gerontol Geriatr 1997; 30 (4) 267-275.
(5) Lord, SR, et al., Falls in older people: risk factors and strategies for prevention. 2., ed. New York, Cambridge University Press 2007.
(6) O'Loughlin, JL, et al., Incidence of and risk factors for falls and injurious falls among the community-dwelling elderly. Am J Epidemiol 1993; 137 (3) 342-354.
(7) Campbell, AJ, et al., Falls in old age: a study of frequency and related clinical factors. Age and Aging 1981; 10 (4) 264-270.
(8) Cameron, ID, et al., Interventions for preventing falls in older people in nursing care facilities and hospitals. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010 (1) CD005465.
(9) Rubenstein, LZ, et al., Falls and fall prevention in the nursing home. Clin Geriatr Med 1996; 12 (4) 881-902.
(10) Campbell, AJ, et al., Examination by logistic regression modeling of the variables which increase the relative risk of elderly women falling compared to elderly men. J Clin Epidemiol 1990; 43 (12) 1415-1420.
(11) Gillespie, WJ, et al., The Cochrane Musculoskeletal Injuries Group. Acta Orthop Scand Suppl 2002; 73 (305) 15-19.
(12) Cöster, A, et al., Incidence of femoral neck fractures in the Federal Republic of Germany in an international comparison. Soz Praventivmed 1994; 39 (5) 287-292.
(13) Runge, M., Osteoporosis - Detected too late, treated too seldom. Orthoprof 2005; 4, 17-19.
(14) Weyler, EJ, Gandjour, A, Socio-economic significance of hip fractures in Germany. Health Care 2007; 69 (11) 601-606.
(15) Wildner, M, et al., Fractures in old age - a challenge for prevention and health promotion - results of the KORA fracture study in Augsburg. Health Care 2005; 67 Suppl 1, 180-186.
(16) Wolinsky, FD, et al., The effect of hip fracture on mortality, hospitalization, and functional status: a prospective study. On J Public Health 1997; 87 (3) 398-403.
(17) Runge, M., gait disorders, falls, hip fractures. Darmstadt: Steinkopff; 1998.
(18) Moore, DS, Ellis, R., Measurement of fall-related psychological constructs among independent-living older adults: a review of the research literature. Aging Ment Health 2008; 12 (6) 684-699.
(19) Delbaere, K, et al., Determinants of disparities between perceived and physiological risk of falling among elderly people: cohort study. BMJ 2010; 341, c4165.
(20) Todd, C, Skelton, D, What are the main risk factors for falls among older people and what are the most effective interventions to prevent these falls? www euro who int / document / E82552 pdf 2004 (cited 2009 Dec 7); (Health Evidence Network report) 1-28.
(21) Runge, M, On the multifactorial pathogenesis of gait disorders, falls, and hip fractures in old age. Z Gerontol Geriatr 1997; 30 (4) 267-275.
(22) Rubenstein, LZ, Josephson, KR, Falls and their prevention in elderly people: what does the evidence show? Med Clin North on 2006; 90 (5) 807-824.
(23) American Geriatrics Society, British Geriatrics Society, and American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Panel on Falls Prevention (AGS). Guideline for the prevention of falls in older persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 2001; 49 (5) 664-672.
(24) Rubenstein, LZ, Josephson, KR, Falls and their prevention in elderly people: what does the evidence show? Med Clin North on 2006; 90 (5) 807-824.
(25) Feder, G, et al., Guidelines for the prevention of falls in people over 65. The Guidelines' Development Group. British Medical Journal 2000; 321, 1007-1011.
(26) Fiss, T, Kloft, C, What seniors tolerate well. Pharm Ztg 2011; 156 (27) 2344-2351.
(27) Leipzig, RM, et al., Drugs and falls in older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis: II. Cardiac and analgesic drugs. J Am Geriatr Soc 1999; 47 (1) 40-50.
(28) Leipzig, RM, et al., Drugs and falls in older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis: I. Psychotropic drugs. J Am Geriatr Soc 1999; 47 (1) 30-39.
(29) Fiss, T, et al., Frequency of inappropriate drugs in primary care - analysis of a sample of immobile patients who received periodic home visits. Age Aging 2011; 40 (1) 66-73.
(30) van der Velde, N, et al., Risk of falls after withdrawal of fall-risk-increasing drugs: a prospective cohort study. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2007; 63 (2) 232-237.
(31) Holt, S, et al., Potentially Inappropriate Medication for the Elderly. Deutsches Aerzteblatt 2010; 107 (31-32) 543-551.
(32) Rissmann, U, Becker, C, technical basics and recommendations for the prevention of falls and the consequences of falls. In: German Institute for Applied Nursing Research e.V., editor. Consultant Handbook - Preventive Home Visits to Seniors, Hanover: Schlüttersche 2009, pp. 213-22.
(33) Zimmer, B, Icks, A., General practitioner-geriatric basic assessment - recording of everyday skills and the need for help in older patients by the general practitioner as a service of the new EBM. Rhine. Ärzteblatt 2005; 9, 13-14.
(34) Podsiadlo, D, Richardson, S, The timed "Up & Go": a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 1991; 39 (2) 142-148.
(35) American Geriatrics Society, British Geriatrics Society, and American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Panel on Falls Prevention (AGS). Guideline for the prevention of falls in older persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 2001; 49 (5) 664-672.
(36) German Society for General and Family Medicine (DEGAM). DEGAM guideline no. 4: Elderly fall patients. Düsseldorf: Omicron Publishing; 2004.
(37) Ganz, DA, et al., Will my patient fall? JAMA 2007; 297, 77-86.
- Kill old people
- Why do rats smell
- Which websites stream music for free
- What are the cons of philanthropy
- What do most people need in life
- What are examples of leadership experience
- When will cryptocurrencies replace all other currencies?
- What's your favorite thing about your SO
- What is prion? Is it a disease
- Why is Pak excluded
- What do old people do for fun
- What is the IUPAC name of CH2COOH
- How can the jinn help people
- What are some entry level IT jobs
- Close gas stations
- Why are some Chinese so reluctant
- Muslims get a job in America
- Which Canadian province has the most millionaires?
- How is Meteor doing in 2017
- Is Amazon FBA overrated
- Russians don't like Ukrainians
- Why is the American English accent different
- Why don't many Europeans like India?
- Some health tips for seniors