Have you ever experienced a hurricane?
These are the worst hurricanes ever
Heavy rains and storm surges, floods and damage in the millions - these are the consequences of violent hurricanes. Cyclone Dorian, which hit the northern Bahamas with full force, is no exception. We have summarized the most violent storms for you.
At a speed of up to 306 kilometers per hour, Hurricane “Camille” swirled not only Cuba, but also the US states of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana in August 1969 - the storm paralyzed all meteorological instruments when it reached the American mainland. The hurricane held a record until 2005: At a good seven meters, it caused the highest storm surge in the history of the United States. The hurricane killed 259 people and injured almost 9,000 people.
Hurricane "Allen" moved at a similarly rapid pace. In July and August 1980 he swept across Puerto Rico, Haiti, Jamaica and northern Mexico. Although the financial damage of 1.5 billion US dollars was lower than that of "Camille", there were almost as many deaths - 290 people died as a result of the hurricane.
Cyclone "Gilbert" was arguably one of the deadliest and most intense hurricanes since records began in the mid-19th century. With wind speeds of up to 295 kilometers per hour, it caused damage running into billions in almost nine days in September 1988. "Gilbert" claimed hundreds of lives - 202 in Mexico, 45 in Jamaica, 30 in Haiti, twelve in Guatemala and five in Venezuela.
- Which method to use for the ordering system
- What are occupational health hazards
- What do the Japanese eat for breakfast
- Can AutoCAD be run on a 940MX
- How much can a market study cost
- Which ingredient ruins food for you
- What do real 90s kids remember?
- Most Argentines are white
- What's your perfect date with someone
- Why is hope both good and bad
- What are the tech startups in Gurgaon
- When did Homo Sapiens arise?
- What's the best part of Australian culture
- How do street sellers on average
- How do I stop imagining invisible people
- Why do everyone hate lawyers
- How many hearing impaired people speak
- Feel trapped in home ownership
- Could a society exist without rules
- Why are doctors paid to save?
- Which companies are in the NASDAQ
- Do you like your teacher
- Why is polygamy illegal in Australia
- How someone can be rich before 30
- Is 20 old
- Which city should I live in Australia
- How does western culture spread?
- I like old people things why
- What's Swiggy's salary
- What are the best motivational topics for the seminar
- Why is France a beautiful country
- What is the best outdoor bluetooth speaker
- Why do westerners live in Beijing voluntarily?