How safe is Huawei
Google warns Huawei phone owners - for good reason
After the US ban on Huawei, Google remained calm and said nothing on the subject. That has now changed. In a post, Google warns owners of new Huawei phones not to take a security risk. There could be even more to be found subliminally.
Google warns owners of Huawei phones before installing the app
Huawei has been under the US ban since May 16, 2019. Since then, the Chinese company has not been allowed to work with US companies. Customers in Europe are particularly affected by the ban, as millions of Huawei cell phones with Google services are sold here. In the US, Huawei does not play a role in cell phones. In China, Google services are not installed on Huawei phones. In this respect, Europe has become the pawn of the USA and China. Now Google have received many questions on the subject, so that the company is forced to make a comprehensive statement after months of silence.
Google explains that since May 16, 2019, new Huawei phones have no longer been certified for Google Play and will therefore come onto the market without Google apps and services. This means that owners of new Huawei phones, such as the Mate 30 Pro, have to install Google apps and services on the device themselves. This is not so easy. You have to trust an unknown Chinese company and grant them extensive admin rights, as we explain in our instructions. This is exactly what Google warns of. Installing from such a source is a major security risk. APKs can also be manipulated and are not protected by Google Play Protect. In addition, not all apps work without this certification. Especially when it comes to banking and the like.
Buy the Huawei P30 Lite with Google apps on Amazon
Huawei Mate 30 Pro without Google apps and services:
Google does not allow it to run on uncertified Huawei phones
Another paragraph is much more interesting. Google apps that were sideloaded may soon stop working. Google allows the execution on uncertified cell phones, which pose a security risk, namely not. The installation of the Google apps on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro may still work now, but in the future Google could block the path and no longer allow the installation at all. If it really comes to that, Huawei has a big problem in Europe. However, this restriction has not yet been implemented.
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- May thyroid medicine cause hypertension
- What can cosmetic dentistry do
- When do the Americans say thank you?
- Everything is built socially
- Why am I not asked
- Which apps are user-friendly apps
- What are some favorite travel blogging cards
- What are the worst things about Islam
- How many people have led you astray in life
- Who is the best doctor in singapore
- Italians have a black legacy
- Is my girlfriend legally my property now
- Where can I meet a rich man
- How do I choose an IT career
- What do East Asians think of Europeans
- The HR department decides on the salary
- An eagle is a wild animal
- How did Mary Queen of Scots die
- What is your opinion on Generation X.
- Why are you attending business seminars
- Should I be worried about smelly urine
- How can you help my business
- What could Usain Bolt do faster?
- Babies need diapers