Why is Italy such a popular country
Why is Italy so popular?
In this section, our editors answer frequently googled questions.
The mafia, Matteo Salvini, collapsing bridges - that is Italy too. But even the bad hardly diminishes the love for the land of longing in southern Europe. Bella Italia is the rich cultural heritage, lots of sun and sea, pizza, pasta and vino, “l’amore” and “dolce far niente”. The weakness for the Italian way of life is reflected in the popularity of Italian products, which have long been part of our everyday culture. There are so many reasons to love Italy. Here is a selection:
Landscapes:Cinque Terre on the Riviera, the hills of Tuscany, the Dolomites, the beaches of Sardinia and the Amalfi Coast, Taormina with a view of Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands and Capri with the Blue Grotto.
Buildings: The “open-air museum” Rome with the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, Milan Cathedral, canals and bridges of Venice, Mole Antonelliana in Turin, the temples of Agrigento and the trulli in Alberobello, the Autostrada del Sole from Milan to the south.
Music: Giuseppe Verdi, Enrico Caruso, “O sole mio” (Eduardo Di Capua), “Volare” (Domenico Modugno), “Azzurro” (Adriano Celentano), “Vita spericolata” (Vasco Rossi), “Notti magiche” (Gianna Nannini / Edoardo Bennato), Al Bano and Romina Power, Eros Ramazzotti, Laura Pausini.
Movie: Sophia Loren, Federico Fellini, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Marcello Mastroianni, spaghetti westerns by Sergio Leone with music by Ennio Morricone, Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, Roberto Benigni, Monica Bellucci, “Gomorrha” (film and series).
Eat Drink:Pizza, spaghetti, parmesan, parma ham, antipasti, ciabatta, pesto genovese, Florentine steak, piccata milanese, arancini, seafood, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, espresso and cappuccino, Nutella, stracciatella, prosecco, grappa, campari, aperlo spritz, lemon celeriac , Amarone della Valpolicella, Primitivo di Manduria.
Soccer:Gianni Rivera, Dino Zoff, Paolo Rossi, Roberto Baggio, Andrea Pirlo, the derby Milan against Inter in San Siro, World Cup victories of the Squadra azzurra against Germany (1970, 1982, 2006), Juventus Turin.
Cars / Motorcycles:Vespa, Lambretta, Ape, Moto Guzzi, Fiat Gran Torino, Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Fiat 500, Ferrari Testarossa.
Various:Carnival of Venice, fashion (Nino Cerruti, Gianni Versace, Miuccia Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Benetton), literature and journalism (Andrea Camilleri, Elena Ferrante, Umberto Eco, Roberto Saviano), Autogrill, Mamma-Kult, Melody and Elegance of the Italian language, the national anthem ("Inno di Mameli").
And guess what? The list could easily be extended. Viva l’Italia!
Found a bug? Report it now.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- Where can I get an MNC job
- A career in programming is a good thing
- Social security pays the costs for the nursing home
- What is Honduras famous for
- The Federal Reserve can be considered customary
- What job am I looking for 1
- What is the meaning of the currency
- Can teachers beat students?
- What does it mean to be Taiwanese
- Fortnite loses the number of active players
- What is the brutal truth about stress
- What do snakes eat in the wild
- How are German Shepherd Dogs bred
- What is a good and reasonable unemployment rate
- How big is too big
- Where should I feed those in need in Lahore
- What is CGHS
- Why is bread moldy
- Can a person recover from dementia
- How do people choose a tax advisor
- How often do you listen to music
- How is chivalry dead
- American girls like Russian boys
- How should Christians deal with non-Christian songs