Should Edinburgh have a tourist tax
One of the main attractions for tourists in Edinburgh, Scotland is the world-famous festivals - but in order to preserve the city's cultural institutions, some require that a tourist tax be levied on visitors.
The Edinburgh Cultural Venues Group, which includes the National Museums, National Galleries and more, has stated that a visitor tax is required, the Scot reports, despite the tourism industry disagreeing. A tourist tax is a fee charged for services that are typically used by visitors.
Cuts in public funds have made things difficult in Edinburgh and they claim the levy could raise the funds needed for maintenance and growth.
Every August the city attracts large numbers of visitors, including the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the largest arts festival in the world. However, the Scottish Tourism Alliance is opposed to introducing new forms of taxes as it could have a negative impact on the industry, according to the Edinburgh Evening News.
While cultural organizations and tourism representatives have different opinions about the effects of the tax, the issue needs to be examined by the government. The Daily Mail reports that the donation could be added as early as late 2016.
According to the Scot, Edinburgh would be the first UK city to introduce such a fee, which adds around £ 1 a night to a hotel bill. Other European cities already have such taxes, including Berlin, Paris and Barcelona.
- What is Google LLC
- Why do people hate loud cars
- How can I monitor remote workers
- A long gun is a rifle
- Lyanna Stark was a home wrench
- What are some crazy extreme sports
- Is Sunday really the Sabbath?
- What is the rating on a curve
- How was your first rejection of a relationship
- Narcissists deliberately sabotage all of their relationships
- Mothers instinctively protect children
- What will help a young adult live longer?
- Was the Prophet Muhammad Black
- What do you usually have for dinner
- Who was the last king of Babylon
- What are the main exports of the Philippines
- What is meant by small town depression
- Which country is most densely populated?
- Are you still ready to donate money?
- Which city has more illegal immigrants?
- Can Asians speak English without an accent
- How long does inpatient drug rehabilitation take
- Why does my earlobe smell
- What does the payment hold?