Korean men don't like fat girls
South Korea is a country between conservative views and modern influences that literally spill over from the west. With such strict ideals of beauty in Korea, for which one is quite openly ready to go under the knife, one lives the motto whoever wants to be beautiful has toSuffer more than clear. Far too seldom, however, is it mentioned what the prevailing normal weight would actually be. Driven by this question, I have worked my way through a wide variety of blogs, tourist reports, opinions from locals and trends in recent years for you. What I was able to find out is amazing. Not so long ago (less than ten years ago) there was a dangerous trend in which you were considered particularly beautiful when your entire stomach could disappear behind an A4 sheet of paper.
One of the most shocking facts is that you can ask Koreans about their weight as openly as you would in this country about their favorite color or animal. For this reason, this is also a frequent statement in profiles of K celebrities. Whereby you have to assume that you always cheat for a few kilos, as you do when it comes to body size (the insoles are alive!).
A completely different question that I asked myself at some point during my research; How do Koreans manage to stay so thin with so much convenience food and sweetened desserts like soft drinks? After all, there is hardly any other country where people make such active use of public facilities and thus feeding temples as they do here. Eating out is much cheaper than you know it from anywhere else. So if you are not particularly talented at cooking, you will spend a lot of time trying out a wide variety of restaurants. After all, you want to be full during your lunch break!
Koreans are always on a diet!
Today there is a sin, tomorrow there will be a strict diet again. After all, liposuction is not necessarily one of the most common beauty procedures that are performed in Korea. Accompanied by webcomics like Dieter (not the German name, but the English word) you get through a fight against your weaker self, only to be able to eat hard again and again. A never-ending vicious circle that runs alongside Let's Eat 2 is exhibited with humor.
Probably the most absurd diets that one clings to with an insane stubbornness include:
- The Banana diet has its origins in Japan, became known in Korea through Seo Inyeong, who lost 6 kg in 4 weeks as a result. A total of 1 to 3 bananas are eaten in the morning and as a one-off snack during the day and in between there is only healthy food, nothing fatty.
- In the Paper cup dietyou only eat portions that fit into a 200 ml paper cup. Carbohydrates and proteins are also precisely measured. 9Muses did this diet.
- The One food diet is a lot more agonizing because you choose a low-calorie meal and eat it throughout the day whenever you get hungry. Park Bom has done this diet before with lettuce and another time with watermelons. Dasom from Sistar has lost 10 kg in three weeks with a cucumber diet.
- Girls’s generation adhered to a very special diet when there were no more than nine of them throughout the day 1,500 kcal have consumed. No, not per person!
The phenomenon of the urge to constantly diet can also be seen in the questioning of various passers-by that ASIAN BOSS carried out on the subject:
In any case, the diets described have one thing in common: They increase the risk of the yo-yo effect tremendously, since the focus here is exclusively on weight loss. In order to lose weight correctly, however, a good balance between daily energy expenditure and daily energy requirements is important. Germans consume around 1,900 kcal per day on average.
Many Koreans have a BMI that is far too low
In general, the following values apply here when it comes to the Body Mass Index, or BMI for short:
|Underweight||under 20||under 19|
|Normal weight||20 to 25||19 to 24|
|Obesity||26 to 30||25 to 30|
|Obesity||31 to 40||31 to 40|
|severe obesity||over 40||over 40|
Of course, the BMI alone does not determine that personal feel-good weight, but it is undisputed that these values should not be undershot too much.
If you follow the average weight values of girls’s generation, who are also trendsetters in terms of beauty ideals, we have a low value of mostly 16.7 (Yuri) and a maximum value of 19.2 (Tiffany). Now it gets tricky. Of course, the BMI varies according to region of the world. Since Asians have a completely different stature, the values here are completely different:
- below 18.5 counts as Underweight
- 18.5 to 22.9 counts as Normal weight
- 23 to 26.9 counts as Obesity
- anything over 27 is called Obesity Are defined
The Korean Diabetes Association, for example, conducts many studies in this area, since body weight is ultimately also decisive for diabetes.
The relationship is just completely different in Korea
In conclusion, I come to the conclusion that when it comes to weight, one very decisive thing is relevant: the ratio.
Koreans and Asians in general are simply built very differently than people from Western countries. For Europeans, two or three kilos are often of little importance, while Korans often feel as if they are now carrying unbelievable pads of fat with them. A body image that is still attractive and even sexy in this country is often a target for body shaming in Korea. A social problem that cannot be resolved so quickly with persistent obsession with beauty.
Your contribution ensures that there can continue to be an independent, German-language website about Korea & KPOP. THANKS!
Support ansoko & share the article with your friends:
That might be interesting to read as well
- Will animals shy away
- How can Apple identify Apple as a trademark
- How do I become a bureaucrat
- How are Noah's sons called
- Who Can Get Parkinson's Disease
- How can risks be dealt with?
- What is the importance of Machu Picchu
- What decides about your gender
- Why is Singapore part of the Sinosphere
- Where can I start a micronation
- How did you lose your fortune 1
- Is it hard to adopt a child
- When do fuel prices rise
- Why are you in a gang
- What childhood experiences influence adulthood
- Is it better to sleep without underwear?
- What happens after acquiring a company
- What is an AU fanfic
- Was the Prophet Muhammad Black
- What are the main exports of the Philippines
- Can I check license plates
- How One Can Avoid Being Materialistic
- Europe will become Islamic in 60 years
- Can a millionaire donate money anonymously