What screams, I'm fun-loving
February 21, 2018 Creative
Time and again, our patients report about the challenges on their way back to a life without an eating disorder, about their fears and needs, but also about the hope, strength and courage that enable them to take the next step. The author of our blog post today put her thoughts in poetry.
Front, back, up, down. What should I think and what should I feel?
My head is heavy, so heavy.
A tear is rolling down my cheek, I don't feel it.
I wonder what's going on, isn't it too much for me?
Living here and there, you can't escape, you have to keep going.
Run away, run away, but where to?
It keeps catching up with me.
Surrounded by people and yet alone, I feel lonely here.
They touch me, hug me, I don't feel it.
I am somewhere else. Far, far away, do I ever come back?
It is the will that holds me, the lust for life that screams in me.
Now I am here, I can go further.
One step back and two forward.
The darkness gives way to the light
I grab them and throw them away into the vast ocean.
And is a day difficult
so follows a lighter one that shows me
how worth living my life is.
Image credit: ClipDealer
about the author
Lisa, 22 years old, former patient of the TCE (when the poem was written in the intensive phase)
- Why should one read old science books?
- Can you give goodwill to dirty clothes
- How would you describe the Vietnamese culture
- Australia has a housing bubble in 2015
- How does the HR department deal with complaints
- Can we mix different motor oils
- What's your worst parenting mistake
- What is the capital of Uttarakhand
- What underestimated things are done by BTS
- What inspired Terry Pratchett to write Discworld
- Why are teachers exempt from overtime
- Why do babies squirm while breastfeeding?
- Mice hate the smell of vinegar
- What does your cat look like
- How do I write a personal letter
- Is it easier to learn guitar or piano
- How do I get Robux
- Where do millionaires and billionaires invest
- Why is Newark Airport so awful
- What is the importance of technical training
- Why did Sansa agree to marry Ramsay
- Which is more powerful hope or love
- Is loneliness harmful
- What is the saddest truth about pets
- Google steals our data
- Smells copper
- What kind of girls do Croatian men like
- What is the typical Cuban breakfast
- Why are people so obsessed with relationships
- Why don't weather forecasts use machine learning?
- Are investors important for a startup
- Who was righteous Muhammad or Jesus