What are books from the music industry
How Music Influences the Fashion Industry - New book sheds light on the music industry's influence on fashion
Johannes Müller Communication department
"Fashion & Music" is one of the latest book releases in the "Springer Series in Fashion Business". Prof. Dr. With his new book, Jochen Strähle provides a better understanding of the effects of the digital revolution on the music industry and the resulting changes in the fashion industry.
Extreme competition, ever faster changing trends and changing customer demands are just some of the challenges the fashion industry is currently facing. In addition, the fashion industry is heavily influenced by the digital revolution in the music industry. The digital revolution has changed individual music consumption. In his new book, Prof. Dr. Jochen Strähle that this also has an impact on fashion consumption. If you want to align the strategies of the fashion stores with the new demands of fashion consumers, an understanding of these processes is necessary.
“The central thesis is that digitization has changed the rules of the traditional value chain in the music industry. It influences both the production and the consumption of music, ”explains Jochen Strähle. "This change is having a huge impact on the fashion industry as the music industry has set many fashion trends."
In his book, Strähle first explains the social perspective of fashion and music. He analyzes music as an important influence on fashion trends both theoretically and on the basis of a case study that shows the importance of the grunge movement around Kurt Cobain von Nirvana for today's fashion industry. Afterwards, Strähle discusses the role of music in the fashion industry. Finally, Strähle draws possible lessons for the fashion industry from experience in the music industry. The integration of consumers in the creation process via co-design and direct, almost personal communication via social media play a central role here. The starting point here are analyzes of the digital revolution and the history of the origins of crowdfunding.
Strähle sees the disappearance of the trend source music and the ever faster changing trends within the fashion industry as the reason for the increased competition and, consequently, greater price pressure. “In the future, more intensive research in the fashion and music industry will therefore be necessary in order to find solutions such as new business models for the new challenges,” says Strähle.
About the author:
Prof. Dr. Jochen Strähle is an international fashion management specialist who was trained at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the Universidade de Coimbra and the University of London / Paris. He is considered one of the influencing factors in the field of fashion retailing and is a well-known fashion management expert for TV & radio. Before his professorship at Reutlingen University, Jochen Strähle was CEO of the largest online fashion retailer in Central and Eastern Europe. He has written down his experiences from several management positions in the fashion industry in various countries in six books. Today he works as a professor for international fashion management at the faculty of textile and design at Reutlingen University.
Information about the publication
Editors: Strähle, Jochen (Ed.)
Print ISBN: 978-981-10-5636-9
Electronic ISBN: 978-981-10-5637-6
https: //www.reutlingen-university.de/aktuelles/news/detail/article/wie-musik-die ...
Features of this press release:
Society, cultural studies, art / design, music / theater, business
Research results, scientific publications
- What is a recipe for a good marriage
- Are voluntary retirement schemes beneficial?
- Is Allah a Satan
- What are the 3 Healthiest Indian Snacks
- How important are soil tests
- Why is Tywin Lannister so powerful
- Why do older people walk so slowly
- What are some examples of cultural differences
- What are the Green Lantern Corps
- How do I organize a children's party
- Why did the World Trade Centers collapse
- Can be a newbie and a second date
- What do recruitment agencies pay for employees
- What is the real treasure of life
- What constitutes video game addiction
- Where does the term syringe come from?
- Why does Trump hate the media
- Which method to use for the ordering system
- Why are Tamils hated by other Indians
- What is cancer detection through machine learning
- A long gun is a rifle
- What is a perfect date
- Is Ethereum dead
- Do workers really get minimum wages
- What Makes Prescription Glasses So Expensive
- How can I start an oil business
- The tongues grow back after the salt mouth
- Which two words describe love?
- Why should I never visit Istanbul
- The light-skinned North Indians are Aryans
- Peppermint CBD oil is safe for dogs
- What are the benefits of retiring
- Is life good with a relationship
- Is there truth in advertising