How do I make baked beans
Make baked beans yourself
Everyone knows baked beans or, in German, baked beans. Whether from a western film where cowboys prepare this traditional dish over an open campfire or from a classic American barbecue. Whether as a side dish or as part of a hearty breakfast, this bean dish is rustic, easy to prepare and delicious. With this recipe we will show you how to do it Make baked beans yourself can.Print preview
Make baked beans yourself
Whether as a side dish to the BBQ or as part of a hearty breakfast, Make baked beans yourself is easy and super quick to prepare.
- Preparation time:10 mins
- Grill / cooking time:120 minutes
- Total duration:130 minutes
- Quantity:4-5 people 1x
- 500 g dried white beans
- 2 cans of peeled tomatoes
- 50 g cane sugar molasses (alternatively sugar beet syrup)
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hot mustard
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 g bacon rind (in one piece)
- 400 g smoked bacon
- Cayenne pepper
Prepare the day before
- Soak the white beans in cold water overnight.
On the day of preparation
- The next day, drain the water and fill the beans with fresh water until they are completely covered. The whole cook for 30 minutes over low direct heat.
- Preheat the grill to 150 degrees indirect heat. Mix the canned tomatoes with the syrup, 50 g brown sugar and mustard in a bowl. Peel the onion and peck the bay leaf onto the onion with the help of the cloves. Cut the smoked bacon into small cubes.
- Now line a heavy, fire-proof saucepan with a lockable lid with the pork rind. A classic casting pot with a lid is best suited here.
- Then add the beans and the broth to the saucepan and stir in the syrup mixture. Finally add the peppered onion and the diced bacon. Then put the lid on, close it well and use it Simmer for 45 minutes on the grill at 150 degrees indirect heat.
- Remove the lid from the pot and season the beans with salt and cayenne pepper. If the mixture is too thick, just add a little water and stir in. Now add the remaining cane sugar, mix in and Cook for another 30-45 minutes without a lid.
- Now they are baked beans ready to eat. Before serving, please remove the onion and the bacon rind from the bottom. As a rustic serving suggestion, simply remove the label from the cans of tomatoes and fill the beans into them.
Tips & hints
If you like, you can also use canned beans that have already been cooked. This will shorten the preparation time by about 30 minutes.
What do baked beans go with?
Baked beans are ideal not only as an accompaniment to a decent grilled steak, but also with a fried egg on a slice of toast at breakfast. If you want to serve it up as a main meal, just add some rice. In addition, baked beans are ideal ingredients for tacos, chili con carne or the like.
Serving suggestion for the baked beans
Simply wash the cans of the tomatoes used well and remove the stickers from the outside. Then pour in the hot beans and serve.
- Why is fish halal
- How does wealth come from
- How many people go into rehab each year
- Are there indigenous peoples in China
- Who is more efficient IFS or IAS
- Regret not being an engineer
- Cancer was caused by humans
- Which is soundproof drywall or plywood
- What are the worst modern tortures
- What are the best jobs in the gig economy
- What screams I'm an ESTP
- What are the best banks in Bahrain
- How can I have a successful date
- What is the tastiest English dish
- What is the most dangerous country you have visited
- What is the least trainable breed of dog
- What qualities make engineers good management consultants?
- Why is hatred inevitable
- How does the affiliate program work on Medium
- How construction cranes balance the weight
- Are rum and whiskey considered a seasonal choice
- Hawaiians eat dogs
- What is cancer detection through machine learning
- What is record
- Enemas can have side effects
- All feet stink
- What made you smile or cry today?
- Are there ATMs in Nigeria
- Why don't Egyptians eat a lot of meat
- Who created the caste system
- Why are happy people seen as losers
- What is the cheapest audio book service
- EY recruits freshmen through referrals
- Why do scammers use dating sites