Which countries don't get cold
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
After the Second World War in 1945, the Cold War began between the so-called Eastern Bloc and the Western powers. The Soviet Union and some allied countries, such as Hungary and Poland, formed the Eastern Bloc. The western powers were the USA and several allies, such as France and Great Britain.
Just threats, no fights
This Cold War was threatened but not fought; the weapons remained 'cold', so to speak. But the threats became very dangerous: countries built nuclear weapons to frighten one another; there was a kind of competition to see who had the most and largest nuclear weapons. At some point they had so many of these dangerous weapons that they could have destroyed the whole world with them.
180 countries have signed
It couldn't go any further: in 1968 the USA, Great Britain and the Soviet Union signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. In it they stipulated that most of their nuclear weapons would be destroyed and that no material, such as uranium, would be passed on to other countries for the construction of these dangerous weapons. Many other states joined the treaty; also countries that had no nuclear weapons themselves: they promised thereby not to build or buy any nuclear weapons. To date, 191 countries have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. North Korea left the treaty in 2003, the country's status has been kept open ever since. Experts regularly check whether the federal states are actually adhering to the treaty.
Status: 10/22/2019, 5:37 pm
- Where is product design needed
- There will be WBJEE in 2020
- Are immigration checkpoints legal
- Could an aircraft carrier sink
- What are hateful looks
- What does home insurance cover
- What causes numbness in fingers while sleeping
- How do I choose PAC to be its leader
- What is the use of old equipment
- How is coconut milk preserved
- What was Steve Jobs really like?
- What is remote patient monitoring
- All provinces in Canada have internet
- Why should you visit Texas
- How was America in the 1950s?
- How important is integrity
- How many chapters are there in the Bible?
- Is trigonometry ever useful in real life?
- Can this relationship be saved and how
- What does the name Jesus mean
- Is it true that children crave discipline?
- Who is a resident doctor
- Which countries have counties
- Can you masturbate before puberty?