Which Asian country accepts black people more?
USA - history, economy, society
Prof. Dr. Jörg Nagler was a research fellow at the German Historical Institute in Washington, D.C., director of the Kennedy House in Kiel and has been teaching North American history at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena since 1999. His work focuses on the social and political history of the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, war and society in the USA, history of immigration, German-American cultural transfer and African-American history.
In 2010, about 37 million Americans were born abroad, which corresponds to approximately 13 percent of the total population. Since the census survey of 1990, the proportion of immigrants in the total population has risen by more than 50 percent. Over 40 percent of all foreign-born US citizens have immigrated to the United States since 1990. Within this group, over 41 percent come from Latin America and about 37 percent from Asia.
The ethnic composition of the population has also changed over the decades. In the 1950 census, the proportion of Afro-Americans was around ten percent; in 2010, their share was estimated at around 39 million and thus around 12.2 percent of the total population.
According to demographic projections, the white proportion of the population will shrink from approx. 63 percent in 2012 to 43 percent in 2060. During the same period, the black population will decrease from 13 to 15 percent and the Asian population from 5.1 to approx. 8.2 percent to grow. The largest increase will be in the Hispanic American population: in 2012, their share was 17 percent, which corresponds to around 50 million people. In 2060, they are expected to make up 31 percent of the total population.
- What does Asian food mean for Serbs
- How much is unknown about the unknown
- Is online shopping good or bad
- What is the salary of TET teachers
- How can we find out more about China
- How important is integrity
- Who is the best gastroenterologist in Lucknow
- Is Singapore a Safe or Dangerous Country?
- Is polyamory a good idea
- Gujarati food is perceived as terrible
- Is coffee the best breakfast drink
- Why doesn't my computer turn off?
- What does society expect from boys
- Which election result made you smile
- Big companies will ever become truly global
- Slow learners aren't very smart
- What is the best university in Cincinnati
- Why do people skip breakfast
- Children watch cell phones well badly
- YouTube is overrun on the far right
- Why is the eurozone economy so sluggish
- The Vietnamese treat Cambodians as fools
- What are the new startups in 2019
- Why do ENTPs like INFJs