Asia is a city
“Urbanization” refers to the spread of urban lifestyles in rural areas. In the last few decades urbanization has spread particularly in the emerging and developing countries. In the industrialized countries, on the other hand, there is suburbanization: the expansion of cities into neighboring, previously rural areas. In principle, the urban population in the European industrialized countries is growing much more slowly than in the developing countries. The megacities of the developing countries not only have to cope with high levels of immigration, but also with high natural population growth.
Degree of urbanization in China, India and Saudi Arabia
In China and India, the majority of the population still lives in the countryside to this day. The “degree of urbanization” in both countries is therefore comparatively low. In China, this is mainly due to the fact that people were not allowed to move into the cities for most of the time. In the 1960s there were major resettlements from the cities to the countryside. The crowded cities should be relieved. In addition, there was the ideological claim to eliminate class differences between urban and rural dwellers. Only the strong economic growth in China has the degree of urbanization increased again since the 1990s.
A similar but staggered development can be observed in India. In contrast to China, the rural population will continue to grow until around 2025. The metropolises are already barely able to provide enough jobs for the immigrants. The result is high unemployment and underemployment. Almost a third of the population of the megacities live in slums. Dharavi in Bombay is the largest slum in Asia with over a million people.
The population distribution of Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, depends on the landscape. Most of the people live in the cities and a few oases. The rural population can hardly increase because the carrying capacity of the rural areas has already been reached. The urban population, on the other hand, will grow rapidly over the next forty years. This is also due to the large number of foreign workers, most of whom come from Asia and Africa.
- Have you ever been creepy towards women?
- Why is pyridine less basic than piperidine?
- How do roles differ from tasks?
- How is Vampire Diaries series
- How did Catelyn feel for Littlefinger?
- What investment strategies made you rich
- It is worth buying a dishwasher
- What percentage of the income goes into taxes?
- Why do consultants charge so much
- Runs healthy while preparing for UPSC
- Are social media apps harmful to teenagers?
- Which side of China is poor
- English can remain the global language
- How much do the local people earn
- Why is iodized salt called iodized salt
- What do I cut myself with
- What are some housewarming gift ideas
- Does Singapore need more land
- A threesome makes me gay
- What kind of food do Bhutanese eat
- Why did Moses flee Egypt
- How is prison life
- Do foreskin stretching techniques work
- What fruit can be taken for lunch