Why is it important to get married before 30
Social pressure in ChinaChild, get married at last!
In China there is unbelievably great social pressure to be married by the age of 30 at the latest. Unmarried women are referred to as "leftover women" and homosexuals marry of convenience.
To be 30 years old in China and not be married is tough. You get a lot of pressure from your parents. Especially at the recently celebrated Chinese New Year, where it is an absolute tradition to go home to their parents, many of the younger generation around 30 should have listened to a lot.
Pressure is put on women in particular. For unmarried women - actually from the age of 25 - there is the unspeakable term "remaining women" or "Sheng nu".
"A friend of mine regularly bursts into tears when she goes home. She doesn't have a husband and her mother keeps asking her what to do next."
Children in China are a kind of life insurance for their parents' generation. They provide for them in old age, also financially. Single men usually have it a little easier than women, provided they have a good job. Women are still often seen as appendages to the man. The classic family image in China is still: man, woman, child. Maybe two kids. Meanwhile.
Homosexuals lead bogus marriages
It is especially difficult for homosexual couples. There are estimates that 90 percent of gays and lesbians in China make a marriage sham - so as not to have trouble at home. However, it cannot be verified whether the number is correct.
"In China it is important to keep up appearances; to make a good face."
However, there are also modern families in China in which the unmarried children are not put under so much pressure. There is a strong gap between the urban and rural populations. Economic independence is also decisive for how much pressure is put on unmarried women and men. And let's take it as a positive sign: It's growing steadily in China.
- What are high paying HR jobs
- Why do teachers rarely smile with students?
- Are there evil spirits
- Where was Noah's ark found
- Why is Dubai a tax-free country
- Why did Australian universities piss off Chinese students?
- Which DSLR camera should I buy?
- The downfall of Dubai has begun
- Why do Indians have black elbows?
- How do I lay out stairs
- The world is changing
- Income tax is optional in the United States
- What are the three least trustworthy professions
- What is the name of an 18-wheel truck
- Who would like to be my business partner
- Why do many women miss chivalry
- What distinguishes western culture
- Isn't Serbia the same as Kosovo
- Why doesn't olive oil go rancid
- How have environmental regulations affected you personally?
- Why did France give up Algeria
- How does government spending affect the economy?
- Realme C2 is a good device
- What are the chances for CA abroad
- Nancy Pelosi makes you nervous
- How can I make my face attractive
- What makes you cry when you watch movies?
- Are doctors overpaid and overrated
- Which country is good for Indian nurses
- How thick is our skin with blood
- What is house cleaning
- What are the uses of binoculars
- Are work from home real