What's so good about Penn State University
Bachelor thesis at Penn State University, USA
My project “Use of functional proteins in chocolate” was concerned with replacing the emulsifier lecithin with the help of high-pressure treated milk powders.
Pennsylvania State University (also known as Penn State or PSU) is a state-recognized University in State College in the state of Pennsylvania. Compared to other German universities, the campus is around 10 times larger.
State College, the city where the university is located, is very much shaped by Penn State. You can recognize this, for example, by the fact that the Nittany Lion (mascot of the university) can be found everywhere. The Penn States Football Stadium is the third largest stadium in the world, so every football game is impressive. Downtown State College offers many great bars and restaurants where you can relax and have a drink and / or lunch with friends during your lunch break or in the evening.
Writing my bachelor thesis was a very special experience for me. Since I had already done a 9-month exchange with high school in Tennessee at the age of 16 and fell in love with the country, I knew that I would like to live in the States again and develop myself further. At first I was a little overwhelmed by the size of the campus and it took me a while to find my way around. One of the highlights of my stay abroad were the football and ice hockey games. It is always a great experience to go to such events and to see the cohesion of the students with regard to their university.
In my project "Use of functional proteins in chocolate" I investigated whether the use of high pressure (400 MPa and 500 MPa) treated milk powders - which have been shown to change the functional properties of milk powder - influence the rheological properties of chocolate in a similar way to lecithin can replace this emulsifier. I mainly dealt with the rheology of chocolate and the change in quality due to the molecularly modified milk powder with regard to fat bloom.
I highly recommend Penn State to anyone interested in studying abroad. Although it is not the partner university of Trier University of Applied Sciences, the application and the on-site support worked very well. At this point I would like to express my sincere thanks to Prof. Careglio, as he made contact and supported me with extraordinary commitment in various areas during my stay abroad. I would also like to thank Prof. Harte for the on-site support. I will keep Penn State in my heart forever and will always think back to the time there with a big smile on my face. I not only trained there, but also made friends and gained experience for life!
- What are some foods containing iron
- Are you still talking to your parents?
- What is Flutter App Development
- What is life like in the cement industry
- What is an emo person
- Is it safe to just have breakfast
- What does the Bible say about itself
- What is scientifically the best breakfast
- How can I be successful 1
- Hawaiians eat dogs
- Barbershop Are barbershop profitable
- How important is the family
- Which keyboard is best under INR 13000
- What makes you busy
- Google secretly collects our information data
- Is the impeachment investigation an attempted coup
- Why should anyone do good things
- Is thermocol biodegradable
- What is smart business clothing made of
- How can men appear more feminine?
- How do I remove pet odor
- Why am I always morose
- Roofing work is really that difficult
- What job is good for making money
- Which historical figure saved the most lives?
- Are the Great Lakes fresh or salty?
- Which is smarter INFJ or INFP
- What is the service economy
- How do I stop a toothache right away
- How painful is jaw surgery
- How do companies work with subsidiaries
- What is life to live without it
- Has anyone experienced serendipity
- Why do I feel dizzy while studying?