How can you overcome shyness?
Get started with over 50 and overcome shyness
Most of us know them: situations in which our Self-confidence sinks into the basement. We often hide in the background - whether at work, with relationship problems or even when we are not comfortable with our figure.
For others, shyness is even a daily companion - after all, we're not all born for the spotlight. If you've noticed that you've been feeling less confident lately, or struggling to get ahead in your job or social environment, then this is it time to act. And there are good reasons for this: Did you know that studies show that greater self-confidence leads to greater success in your job and in life? Other research even shows that in dealing with our fellow human beings Confidence is more important than competence.
We have selected four typical scenarios and show you how you can overcome your shyness.
1. Do you find conversation difficult? Use your empathy!
Good news first: being shy or introverted doesn't make you a bad dinner diner. Indeed, this can be apparent Weakness can even be beneficial. A recent study from Southern Illinois University showed that shy people are better at identifying other people's expressions and emotions. Use that to your advantage and ask lots of questionswhen you feel uncomfortable about telling too much about yourself. If you know who will be there, or what topics will come up, you can already know think about questions beforehand (or answers to questions you get asked a lot).
2. Do you feel insecure about your qualifications? Shift your focus!
If you're having trouble because of job insecurity or shyness, try to use this for yourself. A recent study showed that introverted leaders are even better at making their employees feel valued. Because you listen carefully to what your employees have to say. Instead of focusing on your own insecurities, consider the Focus on your colleagues - how can you help them? What can you learn from them? Or: Learn a whole new skill. With it you can not only shift your focus, but also slow down the mental aging process!
3. Do you deal with body complexes? Talk to yourself!
Getting older can be uncompromising. And most of us have noticed that our self-esteem also suffers because our looks are changing. Address these uncertainties by focusing on what your body does for you (or has done) than what he can't do or what he looks like. What do you love most about yourself? Every morning tell yourself how much you like yourself, maybe while you are getting dressed and looking in the mirror. Wonder if you would talk about the character of a friend or family member in the same way? If you can afford it invest in yourself - Take a good friend on a shopping spree and buy clothes that make you feel great and beautiful. Because: having an outfit ready in an emergency in which you feel completely comfortable will pay off. Which colors and fabrics do you like best? Make sure that special items of clothing receive the ideal care - Ariel heavy-duty liquid detergent gives your favorite clothes an exceptionally pure and long-lasting freshness, which helps you to shine with your newfound self-confidence.
4. Do you feel inferior in social interactions? Become a superhero!
The social psychologist Amy Cuddy coined the term "Power poses“Because you found that dominant postures lead to higher testosterone levels, lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and a more pronounced risk behavior (= Self-confidence) lead. So if you feel inferior, just take that Superhero Pose a: Stand straight, chest out and hands on hips. And think too positive. Every time a spark of uncertainty sparks in your head, remind yourself of your success and why people like you. Believe it or not, negative thoughts will soon be of secondary importance!
Do you know such situations and feelings? Perhaps you have developed tricks yourself to boost your self-confidence and overcome your shyness? Please share your experiences with us!
- What is the least French thing at all?
- Are all tech recruiters only Indian?
- How do a girl's fire smell?
- What can you write a book about?
- I made a mistake 1
- What was King Solomon known for?
- What are the best investments during a depression
- What makes an employee rude
- Which leads to the fact that toilets often clog
- What does an anesthesiologist do
- How does immigration affect education?
- How expensive is chiropractic care
- What does 10 2
- How do nurses make money in Australia
- What is bone to bone connective tissue
- English proficiency deteriorates in Malaysia
- How many animals die in animal shelters
- What is chimney draft
- Why should a bank pay income tax?
- Why does everyone hate America 1
- What is the health industry doing
- Who is a civil servant
- Can a professor attend undergrad parties
- Can a thin man be accepted into the military?
- How are Indian boys
- What do Google employees hate about Google
- How can western startups be successful in China?
- How does life start at 30
- What's in the dirt
- Why is Snapchat falling in popularity
- What excites you about working at Amazon
- Which is the biggest port in India
- Why is a summary difficult to understand