What generation do we live in
Generation XYZ - the overview of the generations on the job market.
Overview of the generations.
Of course, it's not that simple. In general, it must be noted that each individual develops independently and expresses their own values and goals. The division into different generations only tries to name and summarize the main features.
- New generations delimit themselves again and again, consciously or unconsciously, from the existing one (generation conflict).
- Generations cannot be strictly classified according to birth cohorts: there is therefore a considerable spread within a generation (intra-generation variance).
- Nevertheless, clear differences can be found between the mean values of the different generations (intergenerational difference).
Generations can get through it Generational experiences influenced, i.e. formative experiences in childhood or adolescence that have an impact on the whole cohort. Examples of this are wars or post-war times, which have strongly influenced the population in their daily actions.
Altogether, from the birth cohort 1922 up to now, five different generations are divided according to the period of their birth:
- Most of the traditionalists *, born between 1922 and 1945, experienced the end of the First World War and the Second World War or the immediate post-war period in their childhood and youth.
- The baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, were the first post-war generation after the Second World War, experienced the economic miracle and are among the year with the largest number of births.
- Generation X, born between 1965 and 1979, also called Generation Golf, was strongly influenced in their childhood by the economic crisis and an emerging divorce rate.
- Generation Y, born between 1980 and 1993, also known as Gen Y or Millennials, have already consciously experienced the turn of the millennium and have also seen the Internet boom and globalization to the fullest. In contrast to the previous generations, they are characterized by a high level of education.
- And finally Generation Z, born between 1994 and 2010, also called Generation YouTube; she has already completely integrated the digitization of everyday life into her life.
- How safe is it to drive Uber
- What's next for Craigslist
- How can US citizens support Hong Kong?
- What are some ways to reduce stress
- Why is Wikipedia banned in China
- Are government agencies territorial
- Do coffee infusions really work
- How is daily life in Bhutan
- How can someone with power become corrupt
- A stuttering person is lying
- How do you start an export business
- Do you sweat while swimming
- Which gospel is most reliable
- How long ago was the Middle Ages
- Somebody put Latuda and Wellbutrin together
- How did AirBNB start
- What was your UPSC result for 2018
- What does it mean to be Taiwanese
- There are secret passages in Buckingham Palace
- What does an IT consultant actually do
- Is it difficult to speak Sudanese
- Manufacturing companies pay every six months
- What is right about the younger generation
- What does ideology mean in politics