How long does puberty last for boys
Neither the parents nor the siblings, least of all those affected have it easy: Puberty is a formative phase in life that is accompanied by major changes. But how long do you have to endure the eternal ups and downs, which are often incomprehensible to outsiders?
It usually lasts five to six years in adolescents. This was determined by researchers at the University of Basel on the sleep behavior of adolescents. They investigated the sleep-wake phases of adolescents in the period after the first menstruation or the broken voice.
Puberty is accompanied by major physiological and psychological changes. The Basel physicians consider menarche (onset of menstruation) in girls and the onset of vocal breakage in boys to be the beginning of this development phase.
To determine when this time ends, the researchers examined sleep-wake behavior. The female adolescents went to bed later and later in the first five years after the onset of menarche during the school days. This decreased the duration of sleep. On the weekends, they compensated for their sleep deficit of up to two hours.
It was not until the sixth year that this sleep-wake behavior slowly approached the pattern of an adult. In the male adolescents, the process was similar to that of the researchers in the online journal PLoS One to report.
The study thus allows the conclusion that puberty lasts five to six years.
- Instincts are always right
- Happier employees are better employees
- What does it mean to retire at the age of 70
- Are carpet tiles more expensive than carpet
- What's your wildest wedding experience
- What is a base register
- What is the most useless college degree
- How much do travel agents earn
- Is it hard to be a teenager
- What is your financial goal for 2019
- How did your wedding go wrong
- Can cats be autistic?
- Is punk rock related to heavy metal
- Eat Chinese rhinos
- Essex is part of Greater London
- How does a better doctor make money
- Can I do two degrees at the same time
- What is social justice in politics
- How does your city feel at home?
- Hiring ISRO geologists
- Are Essay Writing Services Ethical
- How do you make your own drinks
- Should we be in pain to get smarter
- What is a fear of failure