What is the use of English
Use of the present perfect
When will that Present perfect used?
The Present perfect is a tense that is difficult for English learners to understand. It's kind of a hybrid of the past and the present. The past is brought into connection with the present.
1. Result of actions is important in the present (It is not important when exactly these actions happened. As soon as an exact time, e.g. yesterday - is present, that will Simple past used.)
I have cleaned my room.
(I cleaned my room. - It's clean now. It doesn't matter when the room was cleaned.)
Has Peggy everbeen to Tokyo?
(Has Peggy been to Tokyo before? - It only matters whether Peggy has been to Tokyo or not.)
2. Actions that have just been completed
He hasjustplayed handball.
(He was just playing handball. - Now it's game over.)
3.States began in the past and continue to the present - with since (time) or for (period / time span)
We havelived in Canada since 1986.
(We have lived in Canada since 1986. - We still live in Canada now.)
4. often together with lately, recently, yet
I have been to London recently.
(I was recently in London - inaccurate timing)
He has not written the e-mail yet.
(He has not yet written the email - not yet)
- Why do fighter planes fly in pairs
- What makes a good service employee
- Can you get rich in Norway?
- Why do Bangladeshis love fish so much
- Does Ariana Grande have a fake tan?
- Is Ukraine safe to visit
- Smart people are usually rich
- Why are shy people generally despised?
- How should an entrepreneur invest 100,000
- Can parents teach homophobia to their children?
- Which anime was ruined by its fan base
- What are the rarest collector coins
- Where do hurricanes start
- Why are Turks so funny
- What does a Chinese IP lawyer do
- How does the manga Eyeshield 21 end
- Why did my old cat stop eating
- What is the national flower of Yemen
- Why do diabetics often urinate at night
- Comics are still popular
- How do teachers react to abusive parents
- Arab men are attracted to Nordic women
- Why did my dog stop eating
- Disadvantage of multinational companies