What is the largest garment exporting country
Trade in the lives of the people of Bangladesh
Grains of Social Movements pp 96-120 | Cite as
A farm household in rural Bangladesh always tries to produce something for sale at the market in addition to their own needs. The farmer produces more crops and the farmer's wife keeps more chickens for additional eggs, or trees are planted so that the fruit or wood can be sold. In the language of economists this is mostly called “cash crop” (agricultural produce intended for sale), but the agricultural surplus cannot be generalized in such narrow economic terms. Perhaps the farmers simply spend the money on daily necessities such as salt, oil or spices and the women on a sari from the weaver next door, or the farmer pays the village blacksmith to repair the tools. There is hardly a household in a community that only produces to earn money. The part of the income from household work that goes beyond personal needs is exchanged for things that meet specific needs. The exchange of the products of diverse activities links the various and varied forms of livelihood by which a community reproduces the daily life of its members. It ensures the division of labor within and between communities.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What will happen in 3030
- What meat do the Turks eat
- What are some chiropractic marketing strategies
- Can I do CS and CMA at the same time
- What's the second album you bought
- Where is the most stressful city in the world
- Why does sweat smell different in certain periods of time?
- What Companies Are Recruiting Fashion Designers In India
- What is UL 2272 Certification
- Which countries do not have immigration controls?
- Why is my neck constantly painful
- Why is biofeedback not more popular
- Is my english name strange
- Why is language so important to anthropologists
- Why do many people move to Colorado
- Which documents are required for the proof of address
- What is your long term investment
- What is your favorite project management software
- Arab men are attracted to Nordic women
- Why does the onion make you sneeze
- What are Singapore's main sports 1
- What are the quantitative investment strategies
- How was your shopping experience on AliExpress?
- What do you do every day