New Zealand has rainforests
Do you know the rainforest ... in New Zealand?
In our series "Do you know the rainforest ...?“We introduce you to rainforests that are outside the tropics. In the second part we go from north to south: to New Zealand. There we find trees that are thousands of years old and there the rainforest comes closer to the glacier than anywhere else on earth.
Mild temperatures and a moderate climate on New Zealand's North Island ensure lush vegetation. A real highlight that not only tourists will know is that Tane Mahuta tree in the Waipoua Forest. It takes its name from the New Zealand natives, the Maori. He means God of the forest. Indeed, the tree is an impressive sight: over 51 meters high and 13.8 meters in circumference. His age is unknown. According to estimates, it could be over 2,000 years old.
On the South Island of New Zealand, almost the entire coastal region in the west is covered with temperate rainforest. This area is one of the rainiest regions in the world and is home to one of New Zealand's most famous attractions: Den Milford Sound Fjord. Also known to many as the set in "The Lord of the Rings". Officially recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the fjord offers an impressive natural landscape, species-rich ecosystems and dense rainforest on its mountain slopes. Countless species find valuable habitat here such as yellow-eyed penguins, seals and dolphins as well as native birds such as the kiwi, New Zealand's heraldic animal.
I like it:
- What are the eating habits in Indonesia
- What are the needs of the business traveler
- What do you think of fish girls
- Abused Donald Trump Melania Trump
- Do you like being venezuelan
- You could be rich
- How is Sri Lanka doing
- Why does my penis shrink after masturbation
- Why do people sing slogans during protests
- Where can I buy Asian art online
- I can share my secrets with you
- How do I grow up
- Which foods have fewer carbohydrates
- What are the regular ecommerce license costs
- How can I describe natural landscapes
- Why don't people pay it forward
- What is a digital wallet
- When would President Trump begin to deport Muslims?
- How do the Turks treat refugees
- Which is the best customer feedback app
- Good grades affects your salary
- What is the best New Zealand history book
- What is the largest non-profit organization
- What is a construction project administrator