What was wrong with Ariana Grande's tattoo
The American singer Ariana Grande got a tattoo - and got burned when choosing a motif - and that's only partly meant in a figurative sense. Apparently Grande originally intended to have the title of her chart success "7 Rings" engraved on her palm in Japanese characters. A painful procedure, at the end of which a painful realization was waiting for the pop star: Below the index and middle finger is now the word "shichirin", this is a handy Japanese charcoal grill (for which seven special briquettes are required). The artist posted a picture of the calligraphy on Instagram. The reactions, from malicious to pitying to cheering, were not long in coming. Grande responded promptly and explained herself in a tweet that has now been deleted. She did not use a character, apparently because she could no longer bear the needles penetrating under the skin at the point in question. "It hurt like hell and still looks good," she tweeted.
The SZ editorial team has enriched this article with content from Instagram
To protect your data, it was not loaded without your consent.
I consent to content from Instagram being displayed to me. In this way, personal data is transmitted to the operator of the portal for usage analysis. You can find more information and the possibility of revocation at sz.de/datenschutz.
This external content was loaded automatically because you agreed to it.
Why do we care?
Grande is currently one of the world's most successful and influential pop music artists. Before she landed at number one on the US singles charts with "7 Rings", her single "Thank U, Next" was there last year. Her album "Sweetener", which was also released in 2018, also landed at the top of the chart. The Billboard-Magazine voted the 25-year-old woman of the year in December. However, she herself spoke of the worst year of her life. In September, her ex-partner, the rapper Mac Miller died at the age of 26, a few weeks later the end of the relationship between Grande and her boyfriend, the American comedian Pete Davidson became public.
The tattoo mishap doesn't seem to bother Grande as much as it is on social media. In addition, the "little charcoal grill" on her hand should soon have faded by her own statement. At the said point, the skin finally renews itself continuously, she tweeted. And should that actually happen at some point, she does not rule out a new attempt to get "7 Rings" stabbed under her skin: "If I miss [the tattoo] enough then, I will get through the whole thing next time." she wrote.
- How often do you say thank you
- Which is the worst inflation or unemployment
- What are the best ergonomic keyboards
- Why does sweat smell different in certain periods of time?
- Which is the best Hollywood movie out of date
- Why do teachers mean young children
- Where can I find an investment mentor
- What did you have for lunch yesterday?
- Will China collapse in 2024
- How did BlackPink get so famous?
- How did Elon Musk get his ideas
- Which word is associated with rail transport
- How do I open a business
- People eat kaengurus
- How much money is needed to survive
- Why do Americans succumb to British accents
- How painful is an ear lobe piercing
- Who are the ten greatest USAF pilots?
- Hates Kerala Narendra Modi
- Is there any free accommodation in Bangalore
- Why is my key locked in the ignition
- Do people in Australia have pet kangaroos
- Why is building interesting
- Is there normal life after prison?
- Are teachers paid in summer
- Who helped you the most
- Is life difficult in Brunei
- Why is eBay showing the wrong currency?
- How is data stored in a database
- What are some good Chinese cooking tips
- Is a gap year really important
- What is absolute superiority