How should I choose my career
Would you choose your job again?
The decision for a job is often already made at the age of 13 or 14 when the question is: go to school or do an apprenticeship? Some, on the other hand, do not yet know what they want to work after graduating. And still others leave the industry at 40 and start all over again. The decision for or against a career is often not easy. What if you regret it in retrospect?
The opinion research institute Yougov recently asked 3,647 employees in Germany on behalf of the German HDI insurance company how much they support their career choice. As the "Stern" reports, seven out of ten respondents are so satisfied with their job that they would "definitely" or "rather" take it again.
But there are differences between the professions: 82 percent of teachers and trainers would make the decision for the job again. This could be because they enjoy their work more than representatives of other professional groups surveyed. And three out of four teachers and trainers say that "the job means a lot to them" - also more than in the other jobs. Employees in the information and communication technology sector are similarly satisfied, and people who work in housekeeping and education as well as in the media, marketing and creative professions belong to the group of those who are satisfied with their job.
At the bottom of the spectrum are employees in medical health professions, in commercial professions and in the security and cleaning trades. The former in particular seem to be unsatisfied with their choice of profession. Only every second respondent from a health profession would recommend their job to a young person. One reason for this seems to be the working conditions, it says in the article.
Table for the survey "Would you choose your occupation again today?"
Teachers and trainers
Information and communicationtechnology
Housekeeping and education
Media, marketing, artistic professions
Construction, architecture, building technology
Law and administration
Finance, accounting, tax advice
Transport and logistics
Industrial production and manufacturing plants
Tourism, hotel, restaurants
Security and cleaning trades
Medical health professionals
Yes / rather yes
What about you: Would you choose your current job again? What is decisive for this? And when would you change your job? (set, 11.12.2019)
- What are the most overpaid professions
- Can I buy handmade jewelry online
- What is the function of LDR
- Can we join TCS after the resignation?
- What is special about Indian food
- What are different types of tunnels
- What is the 6th generation of computers
- How are pedestrians responsible for traffic accidents
- Is the universe created physically or physically
- Should I marry an uneducated woman?
- Why are Beyond Meat Burgers so expensive
- How and why we protect our environment
- Why am I not getting any social notices
- Who really rules the world
- Why is Newark Airport so awful
- Wealth Management IMC or CFA
- How much does food cost in Toronto
- How does Tesla recruit its interns
- A degree in accounting becomes superfluous
- Can you write the Chinese language in italics?
- What bad habits can be changed quickly
- Can a union fire an employee?
- Why do Arabs want to Arabize Turks
- What brings meaning to your life