How are cranes removed from construction sites
Snow, ice and cold: tips with which you can make your crane winter-proof
Cranes in winter
As soon as the first snow falls, work on the construction site will slowly stop. The construction machines are rarely or rarely put into operation and covered by frost and snow. Nonetheless, there are a few Take precautions at the construction site as soon as winter is around the corner. There are also important things to consider when operating a crane when the temperature approaches freezing point.
What you can do to make your crane winter-proof and when you should shut down your construction site is explained below.
Cranes in winter - this must be taken into account before commissioning
The machines on the construction site can not only be damaged in freezing temperatures and a thick blanket of snow, they can also be dangerous. You should therefore note that snow can be deposited on the pulleys in winter. The rope can not only jump out, but in the worst case even tear - all employees should bear this in mind.
1. Check the brakes
The Brakes at the crane can overnight freeze and are therefore no longer functional. Be sure to check this out and do one every morning Tax audit by!
2.Water can get into the crane gear
Note that gearboxes & Co. get warm as soon as you use the crane. If there is a large blanket of snow on the crane, it will melt. The result: Water that causes damage to the motors, plug connections or even to the control cabinets can.
3. Snow on the boom
If there is a lot of snow on the boom, hang a light weight on it first and leave it the trolley over the entire boom drive - the weight ensures that the snow on the boom is removed. If necessary, do this until most of the snow has been removed from the boom.
Also interesting: Winter service: With the right machines through snow and ice
Cranes in winter - the decommissioning
There are also a few things you should keep in mind when decommissioning. With the following tips you can avoid freezing or a defect on the crane:
- Make sure that you do not park the cat and the hook block in the limit switch - this can lead to problems the next time it is used, as the cat and the hook block can freeze.
- Close the cabin window and let the cabin heating run down.
- Do not leave things like radio remote control, batteries, etc. in the cabin, but store them in a dry place.
Snow on construction sites - that's why it becomes a danger
For earthworks and concrete works, the Temperature limit at minus five degrees Celsius. At this point it becomes difficult for man and machine to work. Additional energy sources would also require more budget. Therefore: In case of doubt, snow on construction sites must be properly cleared and scattered so that work can be started safely. Important elements on the construction site can be covered by snow and so for Trip hazard become. If there is a risk of icy roads, the construction site can no longer be entered safely for people and machines, so that it is essential to wear suitable work clothing, for example non-slip shoes. Also Slush can become a danger: Falling icicles Employees can hit cranes or blankets of snow, and water can get into the engines and cause cranes to malfunction.
Download the tower crane checklist
Are you still looking for your ultimate tower crane checklist? In our blog post "Rent tower cranes" you will find a leaflet with all the important facts about renting and commissioning - even to tick off! You can also download it here:
We draw your attention to the fact that our website is for non-binding information purposes only. In this respect, all information provided is without guarantee of correctness and completeness. The contents of our website - especially the legal articles - are researched with the greatest care. Nevertheless, the provider cannot accept any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information provided.
- Are dating apps a scam
- What is Walmart's dress code
- Why do I despise anime so much
- Does Keynesian economic policy work
- What is immigration
- Are older people afraid of dying?
- How do I leave my dysfunctional marriage
- How can Nigeria get rid of corruption
- How is a geological map analyzed
- How to do a live podcast
- How is Credit Suisse doing
- What are your questions about New Zealand
- How do I get a car towed
- How is Nanjing China
- Roofing work is really that difficult
- How do you see tattoos on teenagers
- Isn't Serbia the same as Kosovo
- What's the best way to avoid people
- What is male rape
- What are some popular magazines in China
- What's your favorite smart home gadget
- Why is 80's music the best
- How long have you been doing crossdressing?
- What tricks can you do with boomerangs