Why are some people unemployed
Unemployment: Health Effects
Much research shows that unemployment can worsen both mental and physical health. Unemployment and health are closely interrelated. On the one hand, unemployment occurs more easily with impaired health; on the other hand, unemployment has a negative impact on health. For example, people with chronic illnesses are employed less often, have a higher risk of becoming unemployed and poorer chances of being re-employed. The duration of unemployment seems to be essential for the effect on the state of health: the longer unemployment persists, the more likely it is that health complaints will arise. A further negative factor is that preventive health behavior such as exercise and a healthy diet are often neglected when unemployed. Sometimes alcohol and nicotine consumption increases.
Mental health effects
Even the first personal confrontation with unemployment can be psychologically very stressful. The new and uncomfortable situation can lead to excessive demands and stress. The loss of the job can be accompanied by the loss or restriction of social contacts, the usual daily structure, meaningful activities, financial security and recognition. The longer unemployment lasts, the more often negative psychological effects on health can appear. The following symptoms can occur, among others:
Physical Health Effects
The possible physical effects of unemployment include:
- Increase in body weight,
- Increase in blood pressure,
- Increase in cholesterol levels,
- Transition of already existing diseases into a chronic state,
- Cardiovascular diseases,
- States of exhaustion as well
- general weakening of the immune system and thus increased susceptibility to infection.
- How was your first international travel experience
- Executed prisoners receive funerals
- What are digital currencies
- What are the most demanding engineering industries
- Lactose intolerance can be inherited
- Which source has subsidiary company data from public companies
- Why are social values important
- Meghan Markle has a healthy image
- How should you choose your software development partner
- Ingesting antioxidants has improved your health
- Should I buy a used iPhone?
- What does Donald Trump think of Singapore
- How were the Dead Sea Scrolls found
- Can meditation improve intelligence
- What's your favorite crunchy snack
- Why do I stay tired all the time
- What are some small start-up ideas
- How do you lie to a teacher
- Santeria is considered a voodoo
- Which country is safe from earthquakes?
- Is longevity a hereditary trait
- Everyone faces a quarter of a life crisis
- How does milk neutralize spicy food?
- Why don't money changers accept coins?