Which is good aluminum or stainless steel
Properties of stainless steel and aluminum in comparison
Corrosion and rust protection
With many metal constructions, some key questions arise about the properties of the material in question. Corrosion behavior is very important, especially when used outdoors. While stainless steel is not always rust-free, aluminum protects itself against it through oxidation.
In principle there is no rust on aluminum. In the case of high proportions of corrosion-capable alloy partners, however, the surfaces can become cloudy. If you are wondering whether you should use aluminum or stainless steel, you have to choose a rustproof variant from the different types of stainless steel.
Both aluminum and stainless steel can be protected by an outer oxide layer. While one of the advantages of aluminum is that it can be processed both electromagnetically and chemically, the anodizing of stainless steel is limited to the chemical variant, immersion in a chemical bath during burnishing.
Connect metals with each other and with each other
Another important point when asked about the more advantageous metal is the ability to create stable connections in the construction. Both metals can be welded, whereby stainless steel can be connected well and aluminum has to meet certain alloy requirements.
If you want to weld aluminum, you have to choose a hardened alloy form. Alternatively, aluminum can also be soldered. In principle, stainless steel is easier and easier to weld. When joining aluminum and steel, in addition to professional welding, particular attention must be paid to the "encapsulation" of both materials in front of one another in order not to promote so-called contact corrosion.
Weight and stability
The specific weight of aluminum is around a third of the weight of stainless steel. Despite the relatively low density of aluminum, the metal has a similar stability to stainless steel.
- Why should one read old science books?
- What is the healthiest lunch to eat
- Which course is best after a BCA
- Should preschool be compulsory
- Gambling addiction is a really problematic addiction
- Runs healthy while preparing for UPSC
- What do Keralites think of Tamils
- How clean is your street
- What are the benefits of income taxes
- What can you cook rice with?
- Should we buy all of Apple's stock now
- What is a codified law
- The Chinese music industry is dying
- Intermittent fasting cures type 2 diabetes
- When can I change my job?
- What is the agricultural sector
- A fan makes a cold worse
- Why do people buy broken iPhones
- What's wrong with a caesarean birth
- Why is code quality important
- Are the French big
- Why did a Chinese woman marry a Japanese man
- How much does an exercise physiotherapist earn
- What are the solutions to the immigration situation