Why do you love being Colombian
As a self-drive through Colombia: Useful tips & information
Beware of potholes
Some of the roads in Colombia are in very bad condition. It is therefore essential to adjust your speed to the driving conditions and keep an eye on the potholes.
Insidious speed bumps
The speed bumps are usually in the same color as the road and not marked with a separate color - caution is advised here.
Stick to speed limits
Even if the locals don't always adhere to it strictly, you should definitely do it.
- Local area: 60 km / h
- Country road: 80 km / h
- Motorway: 100 km / h
Drive on the right side
As with us, there is right-hand traffic in Colombia. So you don't have to get used to it.
Always have some cash with you
You should always have some cash with you for any tolls or parking fees.
Be patient when driving
Always plan a little more time, because due to the sometimes poor road conditions, even short stretches can take a long time.
Don't leave valuables in the car
Since break-ins occur again and again, you should not leave any valuables in the car. It is best to always park the car so that you can keep an eye on it.
Buckle up please
In Colombia, too, it is a requirement that all occupants are buckled up.
No drink driving
That should go without saying, but we would like to mention it nonetheless. The rules for drink-driving in Colombia are very strict and you usually exceed them with a beer. So if you still have to drive, hands off the alcohol.
Get a ticket from the police
If you drove too fast or otherwise disregarded a rule, pay your fine, if possible not directly to the police. To avoid corruption, the police will issue tickets that indicate where you will have to pay the fine. If a police officer demands the money directly, ask for a ticket if the situation allows.
In case of emergency
If there is still an accident, here are the most important emergency numbers:
- 123 (Medellin, Bogota and Cucuta)
- What is the best New Zealand history book
- What happens when a train is diverted
- Eating crocodiles snakes
- How can Indonesia improve its economy
- How does the Flash Barry Allen die
- Will humanity ever stop eating meat?
- What do your nipple piercings look like
- How do startup ISVs benefit from outsourcing
- How is life in Great Britain
- What will the next boom industry be
- What is the importance of welding
- Why did the Israelites move to Canaan?
- SugarDaddy.com is a scam
- All Europeans are slaves
- Pay TV channels can show advertisements
- How did Jim Jones convince people
- Why is Hinduism viewed as a philosophy
- What's the second album you bought
- Why do some people end up alone
- Why are submissions important in commercial construction
- What time do women get horny?
- Which Canadian province has the most millionaires?
- Is the national identity overrated
- Well worth the VAT