What is B P O.
BPO - Business Process Outsourcing
Definition of BPO - Business Process Outsourcing
The SoftSelect Glossary / Lexicon answers your questions about terms and abbreviations from the areas of the IT software and high-tech industry in a short and concise manner.
Definition and explanation of BPO - Business Process Outsourcing:
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the outsourcing of business processes to external service providers. The aim of outsourcing is to relieve non-business-critical processes and the associated concentration on the core tasks of a company. A common example is payroll, which is done by third parties in many companies.
Business process outsourcing in comparison
There are a variety of BPO solutions on the market. A distinction is made between the outsourcing of primary (production / service creation, research and development, marketing and sales) and secondary processes (accounting, human resources (HR), customer care, etc.). When introducing BPO, a company should be prepared for adjustment measures in advance. This can be due, for example, to differences in the security standards or the software of the cooperating companies.
Examples of the use of business process outsourcing
The most commonly outsourced processes include:
- Finance and accounting / bookkeeping
- company pension scheme (bAV)
- Banks (processing of payment transactions, credit and securities transactions)
- Technical documentation (creation of external documentation and translations)
The advantages of business process outsourcing
- Access to specialist knowledge
- Concentration on the core business
- Capacity adjustment
- Efficiency increase
- External innovation impulses
- Transfer of operational risks to the BPO service provider
= Increase in sales
Potential disadvantages of business process outsourcing
- Problems with adjustment processes between the company and the BPO service provider
- Selection of the processes to be outsourced
- Lack of flexibility
- Conflicts in the protection of trade secrets
- Need for coordination with BPO service provider
A selection for BPO service providers can be found in our software selection with information about the company sector.
More detailed information on abbreviations, definitions and questions in the IT sector
Here you will find further explanations and information from our experts on the definition of the term: What is BPO - Business Process Outsourcing?
- How is it that Asian eyes are so slanted
- When would President Trump begin to deport Muslims?
- Who was Adolf Eichmann
- Where does the term pimp come from?
- What is the best Canadian ski vacation
- Does social media affect family relationships?
- Why should you remodel your bathroom
- What is binocular vision
- What is the dress code at Uber
- Why is a visa not approved?
- How important are children to society
- Are baby boomers interested in antiaging?
- How can I say guy in German
- What is the most powerful weapon
- What if you cry too much
- How many instincts do people have
- Can a woman rape men
- What is the best Yamaha digital piano
- What is the most overrated thing about freelance work
- Massage can make sciatica worse
- What was your experience with supernatural powers
- How do contractors find offers
- Is Ethereum dead
- Has pollution affected the sport in Delhi