Which country has the largest transgender population?
Number of people of the third sex lower than assumed
Thursday May 9, 2019
Hamburg - Significantly fewer people in Germany than previously thought define themselves as neither men nor women. As the time now reported, there are only a few hundred people in this country.
The weekly newspaper refers to its own survey of the registry offices in the eleven largest German cities. This showed that so far only 20 people have applied to have their gender entry changed to "diverse" (as of mid-April 2019).
If you extrapolate the numbers that have been confirmed by similar surveys in recent weeks to all of Germany, there are around 150 cases, writes the time. According to the survey, parents of medically intersex newborns who have registered their child as “diverse” have so far not been found in the cities surveyed.
Also in the context of a study by a European research consortium (DSD-Life) among people with an intersex syndrome, only twelve of 1,040 respondents described themselves as “intersexual”, the vast majority ticking “male” or “female” as gender. "People with a peculiarity of gender development almost always assign themselves to one of the two genders," said Olaf Hiort, intersexuality expert at the Lübeck University Hospital.
The Federal Constitutional Court went the time According to his intersexuality ruling in 2017, in which the judges had demanded a third gender entry in the authorities' register, up to 160,000 people were affected.
Since then, there has been a discussion about the extent to which the interests of intersex people should also be taken into account in other areas, for example with new public toilets, in applications or with new forms of language such as the gender asterisk (e.g. "colleagues"), writes the newspaper . © may / EB / aerzteblatt.de
Find out every day (Monday to Friday) by e-mail about current events in health policy and medicine. Order the free newsletter of the Deutsches Ärzteblatt.
- What moments make us happy and sad
- Are the Germans originally Celtic?
- What is the rating on a curve
- How do writers balance their personal lives?
- Which empire competed with the Roman Empire
- Why am I afraid of handsome men
- Who initiated the African slave trade
- Should I study at the open university
- What's the cutest baby picture ever
- Why isn't my gas stove heating up?
- Can older dogs suffer from dementia?
- Where should I move in the US?
- What are Chinese military and defense capabilities
- How does our economic system work
- What are my treasures in life
- How much does the iPhone 5 cost
- What is invasive diagnosis
- How open is an open relationship
- What is the richest region in Serbia
- Are the French big
- When was AT T founded
- Which country is most densely populated?
- Review companies training on background checks
- Has a real Cuban mayonnaise sandwich
- Can I change my date of birth?
- Why Cats Treat Temptations
- Are old people better than young people
- Can someone abuse a lost check
- What are some bad things about London
- The Turks hate Arabs
- What are some Symptoms of Epilepsy
- Who is Jesus Father
- Is marriage necessary