Why do cats purr and knead
10 points that will help you understand your cat's behavior better
It can be helpful as a pet owner to be able to interpret the behavior of your cat. Photo: vetproduction
You have probably already discovered behavior in your cat that you wondered about and that you may not have understood either.
We have summarized a few points here that will help you to correctly interpret your cat's behavior.
1. Your cat rubs its face against your body
When cats rub their faces against your body, it is usually a sign of affection and a compliment. Cats have small glands on the cheeks and corners of their mouths that they use to transmit their scent to you.
2. Your cat brings you dead animals
If your cat brings you a dead mouse, this is a present for you. The cat doesn't mean that, but wants to please you. Your cat does not understand that you personally do not think the gift is so good. For the time being, keep the cat indoors and provide a suitable toy with which your cat can act out its hunting instinct.
3. Your cat drinks from the toilet
You shouldn't worry about the behavior. There is no evidence why cats like to drink from toilets, but you should know that the behavior cannot harm your animal. If it bothers you very much, close the lid of the toilet. If you continue to allow your pet to drink from the toilet, be careful not to put any chemicals in the toilet that your pet might ingest.
4. Your cat sleeps all day
If your cat sleeps all day, you usually don't need to worry too much about it. It is in the nature of cats that they use it to store their energy. Cats are very active for short periods of the day, but like to rest the rest of the day.
5. Your cat is kneading your legs or stomach
Kneading, like rubbing, is considered to be affection. If your cat jumps on your stomach or legs and makes itself comfortable there, your cat may start kneading its paws. This is a clear sign that your cat is comfortable and trusting you.
6. Your cat is licking your fingers
If your cat is licking your fingers, it could be for two different reasons. For one, your cat may like your hand cream or your sweat. On the other hand, it can also be compared to breastfeeding and calms the cat. If you find your cat's behavior too much or strange to you, check with a veterinarian.
7. Your cat sneezes frequently
In cats, sneezing can be a sign of allergy, respiratory disease, or irritation. If the sneezing continues, you should definitely take your cat to the vet and have the cause of the sneeze examined.
8. Your cat is particularly active at night
Cats are nocturnal animals, but their sleeping habits also depend on their owner. However, this is not always the case. If your animal is still so active at night that it bothers you, you should play intensively with your animal for a while before going to bed and give it another meal.
9. Your cat's eyes will glow at night
It is normal for your cat's eyes to glow at night. The reason for this is that the retina of the cat's eyes reflects the light and gives the cats excellent night vision.
10. Your cat likes to eat grass
A small amount of weed cannot harm your cat. However, your cat should not eat too much of it, as too much grass can have a laxative effect and cause vomiting.
You can order this book directly from Amazon (Display):
Click on the button below to load the content of ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com.
Date of the last update: January 2018
Schroll, S. et al .: Behavioral Medicine in the Cat. Enke 2015
Linke-Grün, G. et al .: Learning to understand cats: The human-cat relationship guide. Gräfe & UNzer, 2017
Find the best-rated food with the free feed check
Now NEW: feed check including suitable feed sample box ↓
Share this article:
Other interesting articles on the topic: cat
- Do Asians ever get tired of rice
- How was it that you came out gay
- How do I find a good accountant
- Should bankrupt government programs be privatized
- Think of yourself as a millennial
- Are guidelines law
- What are outsourcing services similar to TaskRabbit
- Why are long unemployment gaps bad
- Do I hire PAC people
- Can a proton survive on its own?
- What is your opinion on Indian politicians
- Is longevity a hereditary trait
- What is not possible in Thailand
- Are the British publicly racist towards Muslims?
- Is Buckingham Palace London worth a trip
- Like white American girls, Mexican men
- Why is nothing ever enough
- What is the haka in New Zealand
- How do you deal with ineffective employees
- Non-profit organizations pay well
- What's your favorite organic food
- Are you still ready to donate money?
- How do teachers feel about clumsy students
- Why nothing is permanent in any life
- Are there any CBSE schools in Canada
- Why is it cool to hate America
- Why is China not getting involved in Afghanistan?
- Why does my back keep cracking
- When were you the saddest ever
- Where is Newfoundland in Canada
- Why do people do immoral activities
- Why are you changing your job profile
- How to cook tender corned beef