How to warm up an omelette
"Fri-what?" Well, just Frittata.
You can also say omelette if you like, but fried potatoes sounds a lot more original, doesn't it?
And even if the Google results on “Frittata” say that it is actually made in the pan, for me a frittata is an omelette from the oven.
Which brings us to the description of the frittata:
Frittata = Italian; Egg dish made from scrambled eggs, which is prepared in a pan (or - as with me - in a baking dish); To be used synonymously with omelette, pancake (depending on which German-speaking region you come from) or tortilla.
A frittata is ideally suited for the preparation of a quick meal, for the utilization of leftovers, can be eaten warm and cold and can be part of every meal.
In addition, a frittata is also a meal that is super easy to prepare. And by preparing I mean getting it ready and then simply reheating it again, as this does not damage the taste or consistency. Or you just eat it cold.
Especially when I've invited guests for breakfast or brunch, I often decide to make a frittata. Otherwise I think it always gets a bit hectic with eggs for breakfast, since most egg variations have to be freshly prepared, especially if the yolk should be still soft / runny and the egg still warm. This is always a delicate matter with breakfast or fried eggs. In addition, in the morning you still have enough other things that have to be prepared and that may not be easy to prepare, such as a fruit salad - it shouldn't necessarily have been in the fridge the night before. I am always happy for everything I can do the evening before. Like the frittata. The next morning I just put it in the oven with the rolls and the delicious egg dish is ready!
Frittata with fried vegetables
If enough for breakfast for 4 people or if you are more “egg hungry” for 2 people
- 200 g fresh mushrooms
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 eggplant
- 4 eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- olive oil
- grated cheese, e.g. parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and brush a casserole dish with oil.
- Let a pan get hot on the stove.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil into the pan and let it get hot. Then add the chopped vegetables and let them fry.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add milk and stir.
- Season the egg mixture vigorously.
That can be quite tricky, as you shouldn't necessarily try the raw egg mixture (salmonella and such).
The motto here is: Better to season too little than too much. You can always spice it up on your plate.
- Turn the vegetables in the pan every now and then and season with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready, put them in the baking dish and distribute them evenly.
- Then you pour the egg mixture over it and sprinkle it with the grated Parmesan.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the egg mixture has set and the surface has a nice color.
The frittata can be served straight away.
Once you have prepared it, you first let it cool down completely, then put a foil on it (or a lid, if your casserole dish has a lid) and put it in the refrigerator. Before serving, you just have to warm them up in the oven if you don't want to serve them cold.
I went for mushrooms, peppers, and eggplant today, but of course the possibilities are endless. You can also put in leftover pasta or potatoes, bacon, feta, peas, beans, asparagus, onions, zucchini, etc., etc., etc. Or you don't put anything in at all. Of course that is also possible.
I'm looking forward to breakfast !!
- Why am I afraid to be transgender?
- How safe is Japan for women
- How much salary is in the hotel management
- How can foreign companies acquire Chinese companies
- Noise-suppressed headphones cause headaches
- What is science and religion
- Computer programming is a dying profession
- How is school lunch in Sweden
- Why didn't it rain every day
- What are the typical South Indian dishes
- How do we apply for a doctorate
- Is homeopathy reliable
- Interior design work only for architects
- Why is there no Asian Union
- How do I use Paint On Adjustments
- Was Shivaji Maharaj against Islam
- How is the market different from the economy?
- The heaviest kpop idol woman
- Hiring junior Microsoft developers
- Why do narcissists run away from the truth?
- What does MWC
- Has pollution affected the sport in Delhi
- How news reporters end their news
- Why do Serbs support Donald Trump