What is a company secretary
15 typical tasks of a secretary
What does a secretary do and what areas of responsibility does she have?
The job title secretary is well known. But the Area of responsibility one secretary has changed a lot in recent years. Initially, the tasks were of an administrative nature. General office work, writing and correspondence were included in the scope of work. However, over time, more and more tasks came along Processing character added. This now includes Range of work a secretary a wide range of tasks.
Here is a list of15 typical tasks of a secretary:
- Telephone support (outbound, inbound)
- Management, correspondence of e-mail and mail
- Use of MS Office
- Filing management, file management and database maintenance
- Organizing and coordinating appointments
- Reception and care of visitors and guests
- Organize and manage office supplies
- Mail processing
- Information gathering and evaluation
- Prepare and create reports and presentations
- Organize, prepare and accompany meetings and events
- Taking minutes at meetings and events
- Writing activities (Correspondence, memo, reports)
- Travel organization including billing
- Preparatory work for bookkeeping and payroll accounting
A secretary's areas of responsibility with a table of hours
As a result, we have you in the above tasks Areas of responsibility summarized. We also have the areas of responsibility Hours assigned. Depending on the industry in which the secretary works or how big the company is, these values can of course fluctuate. This table should therefore only be used as a guide and serve as a better orientation.
|Areas of responsibility||Shares in%||Part time (20 hours)||Full time (40 hours)|
|Telephone support||20% - 25%||5h||10h|
|Organization and preparation||15% - 20%||4h||8h|
|Writing activities and filing||15% - 20%||4h||8h|
|Post & correspondence||15% - 18%||3.6h||7.2h|
|Billing & billing||8% - 10%||2h||4h|
|administration||5% - 7%||1.4h||2.8h|
Based on this table, you can now see that the Telephone support takes up a large proportion of the time. This does not have to be the case, however, because we can relieve your secretary with our telephone service. With our packages you book us as a virtual secretary. This gives your secretary more time for other tasks.
Benefit office service
We at Benefit office service have been supporting us since 2014 Companies for all topics related to secretarial work. With our know-how we are Your perfect contactwhen you have an overworked secretary and yours Outsource telephone answering want. We can also support you with other office activities. If we have piqued your interest, you can also test our service for 7 days free of charge. If you have any questions, just contact us.
– We would be happy to advise you and look forward to talking to you!
You might also be interested in:
- All tips about AliExpress dropshipping
- Will Marvel and DC films team up
- What problems do the homeless face
- Are Cluster B personalities trustworthy
- How do I hire a management consulting service
- How did Oliver Emberton become so wise
- Old people feel young inside
- Can a book change someone's life?
- Rich people pay taxes
- Technology makes us stupid
- How do you feel at home?
- How much is a quarter of 1984 worth
- How are anxiety disorders diagnosed
- Lewis Carroll was a pedophile
- Why does bleach smell so good
- How does Canadian goose taste
- Banks can be defrauded
- Why do dogs like to go for a walk?
- How useful is calculus in everyday life
- Why do people keep books
- Why are your people so stupid
- Muslims in India feel discriminated against
- Poor vision is seen as a disability
- How many Indians work at Tesla Motors