What is the dress code at Uber
Dress code on the job: You send these signals with your clothes on the job
You didn't think much in the morning when you put on the dress. Dark blue, knee-length, a bit oversized - inconspicuous, actually. At the career fair, a consultant asked about the “Walle Kleid”, which was “so authentic”, “a bold alternative to a trouser suit”.
The scene shows: clothes speak volumes. Especially in everyday work. Today there is only an official dress code in a few industries and companies. How other people perceive you is determined by your appearance.
"If you go completely wrong when choosing your clothes, you run the risk that others will not take you seriously," says Linda Kaiser, trainer for business etiquette.
That a bank employee only looks serious if he is dressed appropriately - of course. "Otherwise customers would not be inclined to entrust their money to him," says Kaiser, who is the deputy chairwoman of the German Knigge Society (DKG). The same applies to sales, for example. According to Kaiser, it is important to convey a credible impression with a rather conservative look.
"It is important that you look authentic with your clothes," says Jutta Boenig, chairwoman of the board of the German Society for Career Advice. Even with conservative dress codes in companies, there is often more fashion leeway than before. "For example, a woman can wear a brightly colored dress or, instead of pants with a blazer, a brightly colored frock coat," says Boenig. "The main thing is that it looks neat and tasteful."
But even if there are no official guidelines, it is by no means irrelevant in which cloakroom employees appear in their everyday work. "Because you send signals with your clothes," says Yasmin Kurzhals. The HR manager at Auxmoney in Düsseldorf is a member of the executive committee of the Federal Association of HR Managers (BPM).
Dress code at work: jeans and sneakers possible
- How do I read tarot cards
- How do the British see other Europeans
- Why are sharks afraid of dolphins
- What happens when you straighten your spine
- Can schizophrenic hallucinations touch or hurt you
- How intelligent are prison inmates
- How do I clean parquet floors
- How do I get money exchange
- Should people with dementia travel
- Have you ever breached the confidentiality of a physician patient?
- What makes someone a senior developer
- What is Outpatient Treatment for Eating Disorders
- What screams I'm in a toxic relationship
- Why do we seek power 1
- How can you cook smoked meat under pressure?
- Can I take the 12th board exam again?
- Website design recommendations
- What was the idea behind breakfast flakes
- What is a demand curve for business
- What was the mining boom
- Lies Donald Trump about his lies
- What are BPO and ITES
- What is absolute superiority
- What goes with a brown blazer