Why did Ian Curtis commit suicide
Support act instead of supporting film:
On September 20 and 21.9. play "Nix Festes" a small concert (duration 30 minutes) before the film. We are looking forward to it! The style is an excellent match for the film.
On June 4, 1976, four young men from Manchester attended a Sex Pistols concert. Impressed, they formed a band that would make music history as the Joy Division. Four years later, lead singer Ian Curtis' suicide ripped the band from their prime.
JOY DIVISION tells the story of a band and their influence on the music industry with live recordings, some of which have never been shown before, personal photos, films and rediscovered tapes
and culture is still unbroken even after 30 years. The documentation also draws its strength from the memories of the surviving band members (now New Order) and many contemporary witnesses.
Bernard Sumner, Stephen Morris and Peter Hook as well as Tony Wilson, Anton Corbijn and Annik Honoré and many others report touching and fresh. from a time when music was the only thing Manchester was worth living for.
FEATURING JOY DIVISION: IAN CURTIS, BERNARD SUMNER, STEPHEN MORRIS AND PETER
Documentary about the British post-punk band "Joy Division", which mixed up the music scene between 1978 and 1980, but disappeared after the death of its charismatic singer Ian Curtis. It not only tells the story of the band and their aggressive, combative music, but also that of their origins in the ailing industrial area of Manchester in the 1970s. An enlightening work that expands its diverse material beyond the biographical construction to the exploration of cultural history. - From 14th FilmDienst
In 1980, at the age of 15, I bought the Joy Division album "Unknown Pleasures". At that time it was the most beautiful thing for me that I had ever owned and also the first music record,
which not only haunted any sounds, but created a whole new landscape.
A few months later, while listening to John Peel's radio show in bed, I learned that lead singer Ian Curtis had committed suicide. I felt like I had lost my youth.
Aside from filmmaking, there is only one activity that I really enjoy: studying urban geography, the spirit of a place. When I was approached by producers Tom Atencio, Tom Astor and screenwriter Jon Savage in 2006 and they told me about the
Documentation about Joy Division they were developing, it was natural for me that this project should be about beauty, loss and the city.
Grant Gee - director
The English filmmaker Grant Gee, born in Plymouth, Devon, studied geography at Oxford University (St. Catherine’s College) and then graduated from the University of
Illinois, from Champaign-Urbana. Gee is a trained geography teacher (with two cord jackets) primarily with his work as a filmmaker and cameraman for the documentary MEETING PEOPLE
IS EASY became known through the band Radiohead. The documentary, produced in 1998, was nominated for a Grammy.
His short films, which are more or less experimental, include: FOUND SOUND (1997), (TEL AVIV) CITY SYMPHONY (2000), 400 ANARCHISTS (2002) and MR. FRED ZENTNER’S ...
(2005). These films have been shown internationally as part of the touring programs organized by the British Council, Onedotzero and London Film and Video Umbrella.
As a cameraman, Gran Gee was also responsible for the award-winning film FASTER (2003), a feature-length documentary about Moto GP motorcycle races directed by Mark Neale. Gee's dance film TORSION for Ballet Boys aired on Channel 4 in 2006 as part of a tribute to choreographer Russel Maliphant. He also co-directed the film for DEMON DAYS LIVE by the band Gorillaz with David Barnard, which was released in 2007 for the
Grammy nominated. Grant Gee's projects also include the documentary SCOTT WALKER: 30 CENTURY MAN (directed by Stephen Kijak), for which he acted as cameraman and editor. The film
premiered in 2006 at the London Film Festival. Grant Gee lives in Brighton, UK.
- What is the brutal truth about stress
- How much do travel agents earn
- Which company has a high salary in Indonesia?
- What is cybersecurity online training
- What's your favorite band 1
- What is bone to bone connective tissue
- What employee benefits would you like
- What is a recipe for a good marriage
- How illogical is atheism
- How do you talk to your elders
- Is Jimmy Liu a nationalist
- What is the other meaning of life
- What records does Kobe Bryant hold
- What do Arabs think of Mayotte
- Why should I pronounce correctly
- What makes a guy hot right away
- How do companies choose Hold Music
- Smells like a miscarriage
- Which cooking shows do cooks watch
- Are humble people with high IQ
- Has Quora gone down
- Who repairs an airplane
- Why do we need shopping centers
- How are racist laws passed
- Why do Indian men like white girls
- Who was Moses' father
- How does IT outsourcing work in Ukraine
- How does the mobile payment system work
- Considered paranormal as scifi or fantasy
- Why do some people hide their depression
- What is a TubeRank Jeet
- Are Niger and Nigeria one country
- What is meant by proof of employment
- Has someone reborn a dog or a cat?