Are solar panels made in India
90 percent of all solar modules are produced in Asia
Most of the world's solar modules are manufactured in the Asia-Pacific region. This is not a surprise, but the dominance is. According to an analysis by Global Data, 90.4 percent come from there. In the past year, China dominated the world market in terms of both demand and the supply of solar modules. Around two thirds of the production capacities for solar modules were located in China in 2013, according to Global Data. Overall, China is responsible for the production of 30 gigawatts. The share of production in the USA and Europe, on the other hand, only made up two and three percent of the total. "The significant and sustained growth in demand in the photovoltaic markets is driving the expansion of global module production, which is expected to grow from 40,806 megawatts in 2013 to 45,170 megawatts this year," says Ankit Mathur, project manager for alternative energies at Global Data. In addition to China, Japan with 3700 megawatts and South Korea with 2400 megawatts also have considerable production capacities.
"China can look forward to a landslide-like victory in crystalline module production in 2013 after significantly increasing its global market share to 70.4 percent," continues Mathur. After the numerous announcements of anti-dumping measures against crystalline photovoltaic manufacturers from China, these have concentrated more on the home market. As a result of the growth of the photovoltaic market worldwide, the existing overcapacities have also been further reduced. Numerous manufacturers are now planning to expand their production facilities. As a result, according to Global Data, the overcapacity could rise again and this year is expected to be 78 percent. (Sandra Enkhardt)
Elsewhere on pv magazine ...
- Includes civil engineering math
- Which country has America recognized as a country
- Will I ever be a millionaire
- Have you ever faced a thief
- What is the formula for stairs
- Who are the Jewish banking families
- How do I get freebies in India
- Foreign direct investment promotes sustainable economic growth
- Which are the worst cities in India
- Can we change our future
- Offers SJSU scholarships for international students
- What made you angry today in India
- What does Elon Musk eat
- Can anyone prove Euclid's fifth postulate?
- There were right-wing extremist African movements
- What is an Australian Cost of Living
- Love bites are possessive
- Which side dishes go well with hamburgers?
- Are teachers more important than doctors
- What makes Juuling addicting?
- What are the risks of bungee jumping
- Which Indian sectors pay the highest salaries
- Wild animals pass out
- How can I be an international student