How is the population of Nigeria
Nigeria population clock (live)
|Current male population (50.6%)|
|Current female population (49.4%)|
|Births this year|
|Dead this year|
|Net immigration this year|
|Net immigration today|
|Population growth this year|
|Population growth today|
Source: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs .
Figures on the corona pandemic
Brief facts about the population
|Current population (as of May 20, 2021)|
|7 (2.68% of the world population)|
|228.5 per km2|
|1.03 (106,908,908 men and 104,215,968 women)|
|Average age of the population|
|47.6 years (46.8 - men, 48.4 - women)|
(Population figures are country meter estimates based on the most recent United Nations data)
Nigeria: population 2021
In 2021, the Nigerian population is expected to increase by 5,573,892 people and reach 214,568,727 people by the beginning of 2022. The natural increase is expected to be positive as the number of births will exceed the number of deaths by 5,647,040.
If external migration remains at the previous year's level, the population will be reduced by 73,148 due to the reasons for migration. This means that the number of people who leave Nigeria to settle permanently in another country (emigrants) takes precedence over the number of people who move to the country (of which they are not native) to settle there to settle as permanent residents (immigrants).
Change in population in 2021
According to our estimates, the daily rates of change of the Nigeria population in 2021 will be as follows:
- 23,081 live births on average per day (961.71 per hour)
- Average 7,610 deaths per day (317.07 per hour)
- Average of -200 immigrants per day (-8.35 per hour)
Nigeria: Demographics 2020As of January 1, 2021, the population was estimated at 208,994,835 people. This is an increase of 2.67% (5,429,098 people) compared to 203,565,737 inhabitants in the previous year.
In 2020, the natural increase was positive as the number of births exceeded the number of deaths by 5,500,346. Due to foreign migration, the population rose by -71,248. The gender distribution of the total population was 1,026 (1,026 men per 1,000 women), which is lower than the global gender ratio.
The key figures for the population in 2020 are listed below:
- 8,205,735 live births
- 2,705,389 deaths
- Natural increase: 5,500,346 people
- Net migration: -71,248 people
- 104,497,418 men as of December 31, 2020
- 104,497,418 women as of December 31, 2020
Growth rate 1952-2021
The population density in Nigeria as of May 2021 is 226.2 people per square kilometer. The population density is calculated as follows: population divided by the total area of the country. The total area is the sum of the land and water areas within the international borders and coasts. According to the United Nations Statistics Department, the total area is 923,770 km2.
Religion in Nigeria
|religion||Number of followers||Percentage of the total population|
|Popular belief||2.955.645||1,4 %|
Source: Pew Research Center. The Global Religious Landscape.
Number of followers (05/20/2021 - Countrymeters.info ).
Nigeria population (1951-2021)
Population history of Nigeria
|1951||38.144.265||N / A %|
All dates in this table are for January 1st of the corresponding year.
Population forecast (2020-2100)
|2020||206.152.698||N / A %|
The data are given for July 1st of the corresponding year (middle variant of the forecast).
Source: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- America needs reconciliation
- Why do some people hoard on things
- Why are wages so low in Mexico?
- Is Singapore an overrated tourist destination
- How can I track my ancestors
- Success is overrated
- Where can I get an MNC job
- When is the best time to leave an INFJ alone?
- How do investment bankers deal with stress
- Why are hearing aids so small
- Are there CA jobs in South Africa
- How will the youngest day be
- Does anyone like Americans
- What is it like to meet a Turkish man
- What are the advantages of hotel management
- Where is the best hotel management system
- What does the Bible say about itself
- The north in Westeros is xenophobic
- How healthy are South Indian foods
- How was the Suez Canal built
- What is the DMAT account
- How do I choose a Montessori school
- What are the best themes for Christmas parties
- What screams i'm a plumber