Google steals our data
What does Google do with our data?
Michael Korbacher's job title is "Director Google Cloud". That means: He is responsible for all Google Cloud services that you can work with. t-online.de spoke to him about data protection, security and smartphones as work tools.
Mr. Korbacher, when I use Google for work, where is my data stored?
For security reasons, data is distributed across numerous different locations. This is how Google avoids a "single point of failure". In order to increase data security, the data sequences are given random names and thus become illegible to the human eye.
How does Google secure my data?
Google operates one of the most secure and reliable cloud infrastructures in the world - from specially developed data centers to fiber optic underwater cables that transfer data between continents. The cloud infrastructure is monitored around the clock to protect the data and make it available to users at any time. Google distributes data across multiple data centers so that it can be automatically and seamlessly transferred to secure and stable locations in the event of a fire or disaster.
Do you then know my trade secrets?
No, of course not. Google treats all data as strictly confidential. We do not share personal information with any company, organization, or person outside of Google unless your Google account is managed by a domain administrator. Then the domain administrator and resellers who provide customer care for your organization will have access to your Google Account information - including email and other data. For example, your domain administrator can view statistics for your account and the apps you have installed.
Who can still access it? How can I protect the data from unauthorized access?
We are continuously working to protect Google and our users from unauthorized access to or from unauthorized changes. To protect the transfer or destruction of data. We encrypt many of our services using SSL, offer you a two-stage confirmation process when you access your Google account and a "safe browsing function" in Google Chrome. We are also reviewing our collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access to the systems.
What is the best way to prevent data loss from Google users?
With our tools like the "Security check"You can easily check the security of your account - for example, whether the websites, apps and devices connected to your account are still trustworthy and are being used by you. If the users find anything suspicious, they can change their settings or their password immediately. The Check only takes a few minutes and can be repeated as often as you like.
What are the benefits of online collaboration?
Online collaboration offers full flexibility and a high degree of autonomy. The "G Suite" combines all the important technical tools such as e-mail accounts, video conferences, cloud storage and file sharing. In this way, people sitting in different places can work together and coordinate without delay and have the potential to come to better solutions faster than the individual. Any number of employees can work together on a document. This promotes productivity and teamwork. All work is encrypted in the cloud storage. Files can be shared at any time from the desktop computer, smartphone or tablet.
Will the smartphone soon replace the laptop and PC as the number one work tool?
As early as October 2015, Google had more searches on mobile devices than on desktop PCs. From a study we carried out in the USA with 1,000 smartphone users, we learned that 96 percent of all users rely on their smartphone when looking for answers. Search is not only the most frequently used resource, 87 percent of users go to it first. For a long time, users searched online when they had to go quickly, for example to find a specific recipe. But now the search is also used for long-term projects. 68 percent of the users surveyed found out about things that they only need or want to do at a later point in time. The search queries for long-term projects were mostly made on mobile devices: 97 percent of users used their smartphones.
- What are your rituals before reading tarot
- How did the First World War affect Germany?
- Should Italy leave the euro
- Can a magnet damage my MacBook Air?
- Why did France give up Algeria
- What is the best gift for managers
- Hotel management is a gentleman's job
- There are bad neighborhoods in Salem Oregon
- Why you shouldn't take CBD at bedtime
- Rich people pay off their mortgages
- Why does North Korea continue to threaten Japan
- What is the fatiha prayer
- Assessment systems improve employee performance
- What is the SSC CGL Tier 2 curriculum
- Are Bose speakers better than JBL Klipsch
- Can men give women a yeast infection
- What is the best blood pressure medication
- How many times have swords broken in battle?
- What are some zoo animals
- How did you come to BPCL
- What is a typical music in Botswana
- What do Czechs think of Chinese tourists?
- What causes a person to be nocturnal
- How can I easily prepare vegetarian meals
- How are scales used in construction
- Are Filipinos thin-skinned 1
- What causes constant hiccups for hours
- What makes Los Angeles unique
- Will my Skype calls be recorded?
- Are goats smarter than cats and dogs
- What causes pain under my breasts
- Is it worth studying in Oxford
- Why do you stop going to church?