Is it easier to learn guitar or piano
5 biggest mistakes in learning to play the piano
When learning to play the piano, it is not uncommon for serious mistakes to occur that are very difficult to resolve later in the way of playing. To make playing the piano easier for you right from the start, we have listed the five biggest mistakes when learning to play the piano.
1. The posture on the piano bench
Back pain and poor posture are often the result of poor posture on the piano bench. To prevent this, the correct sitting posture is one of the most important basics when learning to play the piano.
This is what matters when it comes to the position at the piano:
- The correct arm position
- The correct sitting position
- Correct finger and hand position
Watch yourself as you sit at the piano. Your two feet should be firmly on the floor and as parallel as possible to each other. Stand up so that you are still sitting comfortably. Just imagine you have to balance a book on your head.
This checklist will help you:
- If possible, keep your forearms parallel to the floor
- When you inhale, your stomach should not be touching the piano keyboard
- The distance between the piano bench and the piano should be chosen so that you do not have to stretch your hands while playing.
2. Playing the piano too long
Every beginning is difficult and ambition in particular can sometimes lead to real frustration. True to the motto: Practice makes perfect - if the shot when learning to play the piano goes backwards. Pack yourself small milestones, because too many tasks per exercise unit don't just end with cramped fingers.
In the beginning it would be perfectly sufficient if you practiced for around 10 minutes a day, rather than once a week for two hours. Because your muscles first have to get used to the strain and strain. Even experienced musicians take breaks during their rehearsals and usually do not play for more than 40 minutes at a time.
3. Don't develop a routine of learning to play the piano
If you want to learn to play the piano, you have to make your rehearsals a routine. Because usually the initial euphoria is gone after the first few weeks and the regularity of the practice units on the piano gradually diminishes. Instead, you should actively decide when to take time to play the piano in order to derive a practice routine from it.
4. Wrong fingering on the piano
Not the simplest fingerings are necessarily the best. Often you only notice afterwards that a certain fingering can suddenly no longer be played at a higher tempo. Changing the fingering later is extremely difficult as your muscles and fine motor skills have got used to this particular process.
The following rule should help with correct fingering on the piano: Always choose the fingering in which your hand position has to make the smallest jumps and you have to change your hand position as rarely as possible.
5. Out of sight, out of mind
If you keep your piano or keyboard where you don't see it every day, you will only make it difficult for yourself to practice. Nobody wants to practice in a basement or sit between boxes or when you have to set up your keyboard every time. Put your piano where you can see it every day and where you enjoy practicing.
Keywords: learn piano, learn piano, keyboard instruments
- When do friends become family?
- Why do antibiotics smell bad
- Which countries have the most relaxed lifestyle?
- What's up with popular music these days
- How do I follow en masse on Instagram
- Unemployment is rising in the UK due to Brexit
- Why does fiat money cause inflation?
- Who is the best dating site
- What is a carpet rake
- Why are long unemployment gaps bad
- How badly did puberty hit you?
- What is congratulatory speech
- Is CBD Oil Legal In India
- How can someone with power become corrupt
- What exactly do Beats by Dre
- What are the negative effects of urbanization
- Why is Ghana poor and undeveloped
- How long should I ignore my dog?
- Where can I get an MNC job
- Should I break up with my girlfriend 1
- How do you describe a smell?
- Why should we use sand in building
- Which phase of life is the most difficult
- Crochet tugs damage the hair
- What can I export to the UK?
- Why is an inflation rate of 4 percent considered desirable?
- Why are speeches so important
- What is illegal but necessary
- What is a large penis size
- Which nation is the friendliest
- How can I make a Turkish dessert
- How does gay marriage threaten your marriage?
- What is H2O
- What should I know before visiting Colombia