How can retirement home be removed
counselor How to choose the right nursing home
The following tips should help you find a suitable nursing home for a loved one. First of all, you should ask yourself questions that are relevant to your decision.
The following questions could be a suggestion:
- How far is the nursing home from your current home?
- What is the environment of the nursing home like?
- Can you bring your own furniture?
- Can residents help shape their daily routine?
- How is the connection to public transport?
- What service offers are there?
- Are there single rooms or only multi-bed rooms?
- How high is the co-payment for the monthly costs?
This is how you can tell that something is wrong in the nursing home
Unfortunately, deficiencies in care facilities occur again and again and care places are in short supply. For example, are you dissatisfied with the care of your relatives, do you hear complaints about the hygienic conditions or the food offered in the facility? Or worse?
But remember: something can always go wrong. This does not mean a fundamental problem for the care facility by a long way. A positive indication of a well-run facility is when staff or the management of the home seek a conversation with you or other relatives immediately after an incident.
If the errors accumulate, however, then you should take action. Especially when it comes to problems in the following areas:
- poor personal hygiene
- regular falls
- unchanged diapers
- Fixations, for example on the bed or in a wheelchair
- bad food
- personal things "disappear"
- Invasion of privacy
- unpleasant smell
- uncleaned or neglected rooms
Important: document defects
If you are certain that a home is performing poorly or not at all, it is important to document the shortcomings. Take notes - and bring in witnesses to back up their observations. Perhaps the relatives of other residents noticed something similar?
Photos or video recordings can also be a good way of documenting deficiencies. In addition, the resident, his authorized representative or legal guardian have the right to inspect the care documentation.
This is how you proceed in the event of a conflict in the nursing home
First of all, contact the relevant staff with your complaint. If there are very serious deficiencies, you can also involve the home advisory board. If this does not bring any improvement, you should talk to the home management as soon as possible. Make an appointment for this and do not conduct the conversation immediately after an incident. Bring your concerns - and make specific demands. Make an appointment for another meeting right away and see whether there has been any improvement by then.
If this does not lead to any change, there is the possibility of calling in the care insurance and home supervision and informing them about the problems. There is a responsible home supervisor in every federal state.
In the further course you can use theFederal advocacy group for the elderly and people affected by care (BIVA) to inform. In the event of a conflict, theGeneral consumer arbitration board of the Center for Arbitration e.V. help.
If none of these measures lead to an agreement, you have the option of taking legal action. Find a lawyer for this. Even now you should document your procedure in writing (with dates!).
Help and advice on problems with the nursing home
There are a number of counseling options available to support you in the event of poor performance or non-performance in the nursing home. You can find advice at
- What are the biggest cultural trends
- What should everyone know about gender identity
- Which companies offer outsourcing in community management?
- How can US citizens support Hong Kong?
- What are the best motivational topics for the seminar
- Is DuckDuckGo profitable
- Which newspaper do you read and why
- How can web browsers execute CSS code
- Are all humans qualified to be parents?
- How much should I water potted plants
- What is the future of P2P lending
- What is Norway's national dish
- What do Czechs think of Chinese tourists?
- Why don't Singaporeans have more children
- How many boys wear girls' panties
- What are your 10 Cooking Laws
- Is soda ash better for washing clothes
- What behavior of employees makes a hostile workplace
- How do I get a digital wallet
- How do I start startups in India
- Does it make sense to live with parents
- What is the greatest paradox of vengeance
- What keeps a train on its tracks
- What are the best countries for expats