What did you learn about teenage relationships
What happens in puberty? Expert on teenagers, locked room doors and good relationships with parents
In her book “Together through puberty”, author Inke Hummel (43) promotes a new look at puberty. In an interview, the attachment expert explains how parents should deal with locked room doors and what they learn from their teenagers.
Ms. Hummel, at home the doors sometimes slam when someone is looking at someone wrongly while they are eating. As parents, how do we stay calm in such situations?
Staying calm at all times, nobody can do that! But the most important thing is not to take things personally. Instead, whenever you manage to do it, you should see why this happened and what does my child mean by it. But of course, if a four-year-old calls us “stupid mom”, we can accept that better than if a 15-year-old who is 1.80 meters tall stands in front of us. It is then a big task not to fall into anger yourself and to remain facing the child.
In your book, you emphasize the importance of relating to the children. But if I only get grouched at, that does something to me too, then I'm hit too.
Some conflicts take time so that emotions can sort themselves out, so that we can find arguments and weigh them up.
Yes that's true. And yet it is our job to approach the child again and again. However, it doesn't always have to happen immediately. Of course, as a mother, I have to be able to collect myself first. Some conflicts need time so that emotions can sort themselves out, so that we can find arguments and weigh them up: Will we get closer to each other again today or will it perhaps take another night in which we sleep over it?
- What is the best global economic system
- Is snow bad for your roof
- Which is smarter INFJ or INFP
- What are the characteristics of the Greek people
- What is business law
- How often do firefighters enter burning buildings
- Is life about intelligence?
- What are some zoo animals
- What new hobby can I learn
- What's good in a love marriage
- How does life start at 30
- Where can we share our ideas
- What is the hottest place in Great Britain
- What is the biggest problem for startups?
- Is Colombia a NATO member
- Mexicans are Aztecs
- How does TNF cause inflammation
- Food engineers are well paid
- What is Raytheon building
- Why do people go while studying
- Is life sadder or happier?
- Where do Emiratis hang out in Dubai
- What was missing in your childhood
- What is the job of a business partner like?