How accurate is the Apollo 13 movie
NASA astronaut James A. Lovell (Tom Hanks) has to make an important decision: The original crew of Apollo 13 has to be replaced due to illness. The choice falls on him and his two colleagues, one of whom also falls ill in the course of the preparations. Lovell doesn't want to miss the chance to land on the moon and so John L. Swigert (Kevin Bacon) is brought on board at short notice. The mission seems to continue to be unlucky, because problems arise as soon as the spacecraft is launched: an engine fails. Fortunately, the failure of the remaining propulsion rockets can be compensated and the journey can thus be continued.
The first few days in weightlessness passed for Lovell and his two colleagues without any further complications. The headquarters of NASA in Texas are satisfied. But then a much quoted message reaches the earth. An explosion on the Apollo 13 poses great difficulties for the astronauts on board as well as the staff of the space agency. Because the life of the crew is at stake, landing on the moon no longer matters. A daring plan is to save the astronauts and bring them back to earth.
Background & information about Apollo 13
Since the early days of film, filmmakers have been fascinated by manned space travel. In contrast to the classic Die Reise zum Mond or the Oscar-winning Gravity, Ron Howard's Apollo 13 deals with a true story: In 1970 the Apollo 13 spacecraft set out for the moon and initially received little attention from the media. The public's interest in the topic had waned, after all, Neil Armstrong had already set foot on Earth's satellite the year before. Only when the crew commander of Apollo 13, James A. Lovell, sent the emergency call, "Houston, we have a problem", which has meanwhile become a winged word, from space to Earth, the space project was reported. Lovell recorded his experiences in a novel and was ultimately won over as a screenwriter for Howard's ambitious project. (PS)
- Can parents teach homophobia to their children?
- What are Zomato's HR policies
- Government jobs in India pay off well
- Why are celebrities paid so much
- Enjoy the traditional Thanksgiving foods
- Disaster insurance is worth it
- What are anesthesiologists
- Where can I find hope 1
- What are examples of leadership experience
- What are the best future option strategies
- Can narcissists deal with the truth?
- Makes a podcast expensive
- What are some epic twitter debates
- Boys prefer cute or hot girls
- How do you treat disrespectful people
- Is it bad to talk a lot?
- Have you ever lived on an island?
- Which companies have big data
- Is it allowed to watch TikTok in Ramadan?
- Corrections officers are considered law enforcement officers
- Which inventions can be patented?
- The Koran discriminates against black people
- What is the case for impact investing
- Includes starvation and self-harm