What enemies did King David have?
2 Samuel 1-7 Hope for all
David becomes king of Judah and all Israel (chapters 1-7)
David learns of Saul and Jonatan's death
1 King Saul was killed in battle against the Philistines. After David returned to Ziklag from his retaliation against the Amalekites, 2 A man from Saul's army appeared two days later. As a sign of mourning, his clothes were torn and his hair was covered in dirt. He threw himself respectfully to the ground in front of David. 3 "Where are you from?" Asked David. The man replied: "I fought in the Israelite army and was able to escape the enemy." 4 "How's the situation?" Asked David. “Tell me!” Then the man reported: “Many of our soldiers are fallen or seriously wounded on the battlefield, and the rest have fled. Saul and his son Jonathan are also dead. "
5 "How do you know Saul and Jonathan are dead?" Asked David. 6 The young man went on: “I happened upon the hill country of Gilboa. There I discovered Saul leaning on his spear. The enemy chariots and riders closed the circle around him ever closer. 7 He turned around, saw me, and called to me to come over. 8 When I was with him he asked: 'Who are you?' 'I am an Amalekite,' I answered. 9 Then he asked me: 'Come and kill me, because there is still life in me, but I am badly wounded and at the end of my strength.' 10 I fulfilled his last request: I stabbed him, because I knew that Saul was already very weak and would die anyway. Then I took the crown and the bracelet from him to bring them to you, my lord and lord. "
11 Then David and the men who stood by him tore their robes. 12 They wept and mourned for Saul his son Jonathan and for all the Lord's people because so many Israelites had perished in battle. They fasted until evening.
13 David asked the young man who had brought him the news: "Where are you from?" "I am the son of an immigrant from Amalek," he replied. 14 Then David snapped at him: "How dare you kill the king whom the Lord has chosen?" 15 He ordered one of the young men standing with him: "Come here and kill him!" The man obeyed and stabbed the Amalekite down. Before he died, 16 David said to him: “That is the just punishment for your crime! You yourself condemned yourself to death when you said: 'I killed the king whom the Lord chose.'
17 David wrote a lament for Saul and Jonatan's death. 18 He ordered that all residents of Judah should memorize it. It is called the "bow song" and is in the "Book of the Righteous":
19 Alas, Israel, they lie slain on your hills,
the soldiers who were your pride and joy!
Your heroes are dead, fallen in battle.
20 Hide it from the cities of Gat and Ashkelon,
do not proclaim this news in their alleys!
The girls of the Philistines should not sing songs of joy,
the women of these uncircumcised pagans do not dance a round dance.
21 Ye mountains of Gilboa,
no dew shall cover you and no rain shall fall,
grain shall never grow in your fields again,
because there are the blood-smeared shields
that once belonged to our best soldiers.
Saul's shield has lost its shine
its leather is no longer treated with oil.
22 Jonathan's arrows never missed the target
King Saul's sword never failed.
Their weapons always dripped with the blood of the pierced,
they shone with the fat of the stabbed heroes.
23 Saul and Jonathan - everyone loved and adored them!
They were inseparable in life
and now they are also united in death.
They were faster than eagles
stronger than the strongest lion.
24 You women of Israel, mourn and weep for King Saul,
who gave you clothes of purple
and presented you with golden jewelry!
25 The heroes are dead, fallen in battle.
Jonathan lies pierced on your mountains, Israel.
26 My brother Jonathan, how much your loss pains me!
I preferred you to the greatest treasure in the world.
Never can a woman's love replace
what your friendship meant to me
27 The heroes are dead, fallen in battle,
we have lost our best men.
David becomes king of Judah
2 Then David asked the Lord
- Can ENFPs work with ENFPs
- How offensive is the term cockblock
- Chinese food is full of fat
- How often do firefighters enter burning buildings
- How do I get away from campus
- What is the difference between complex PTSD and PTSD
- Why is vodka so popular in Russia
- How do you track the productivity of your employees
- What is it like to be black in Poland?
- Why are sharks afraid of dolphins
- Mechanical engineers are paid less
- How often do reservists work
- What happened to Quora yesterday
- Too much crying affects the brain
- What is sugar-free made of
- Which is the most stress free job
- How is Zimbabwe doing
- How does wealth come from
- Prisoners receive free meals in jail
- Which dua should be read after namaz
- Who is a technical program manager
- Why do teenagers hate reading
- What does the TensorFlows operation conv2d_transpose
- What's different about life in France
- What is GDPR in layman terms
- Cooking Neeta Ambani for Mukesh
- Who is the Most Hated NFL Player
- Women prefer men with hairy legs
- What happens in a 3rd interview
- What are some good companies to start with
- What an interesting thing you can say
- What will help a young adult live longer?
- Will Walmart ever outperform Amazon and sales?