Do recruiters use resumes at all
No gos: 5 mistakes that screw up every application
No-gos in the application can completely screw up your job search. But if you know the most common mistake traps, you can easily avoid them.
The 5 most common application no-gos
1. One for all?
Do you want to apply to different companies, but get a headache when you think about having to adapt your documents for the respective position every time?
You are definitely not alone in this. But the fact is that it is not a comprehensive application suitable for any job posting. Recruiters can tell at first glance whether they have a mass application in front of them or whether an applicant has given time and thought to his documents.
But that doesn't mean you have to completely reinvent the wheel. Once the basic structure of a cover letter or a letter of motivation is in place, these are relatively quick individualized and in the job of your interest customized.
You also have to adapt your résumé. If you over a lot of work experience you can do something, for example muck out and only list those positions that are relevant to the targeted job.
2. Speed is the devil's messenger
... is an old saying that can also be applied to the creation of an application. If you recognize your dream job in a job posting, it is understandable that you want to apply for it as soon as possible.
But excessive haste likes to take revenge in the form of Sloppiness mistakes. You should only send applications that you have carefully checked and revised beforehand. For Typing error or outdated information if there is no space, that makes you look messy and messed up in the eyes of the recruiter. Also, be careful with your records to the right person to submit.
To avoid embarrassing mistakes, we recommend that you have friends or family members review your documents before sending them.
3. Arrogance comes before the fall
In self-marketing the Golden middle not everyone succeeds in finding it straight away. Where does understatement begin and where does arrogance end? In order to find out, it is important to become aware of your own abilities and strengths, but also your weaknesses. The easiest way to do this is to Friends and family for honest feedback asks:
- Make a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Be there self-critical and strive for objectivity.
- Share this list with friends or family members. They know you well and can evaluate you much more objectively than you do yourself. Ask them for one Feedback to your records.
- Then compare your own assessments with those of the people you asked for help. Which differences do you notice Are these assessments - whether more positive or negative than yours - realistic? Think again deeply about the feedback you received.
- Work the new knowledge about yourself after reappearing self reflection in your application documents.
4. Everything up to date?
If you stay in the same job for a long time, you probably don't update your CV at regular intervals. So don't forget to take a critical look at its content before adding it to the rest of your application documents.
Which new skills have you learned? Are you now working with programs that you have not mastered before? All of this information is important and can be of benefit to you. Also current training and further education you should include.
Also, sort out any previous jobs that are unrelated to the position you are aiming for - unless you don't have a lot of work experience. In that case, you can keep this information in there.
Creative applications can be a great way to stand out from other candidates. The visual and linguistic design of the documents says a lot about the personality of the sender and also allows conclusions to be drawn to a certain extent about his abilities. In this way, an experienced recruiter also gets a feel for whether the applicant is a good fit for the company or not.
However, you should think twice about whether or not you will rely on such an application. Employers in the creative industries or progressive, unconventional companies will surely be impressed by so much vigor and variety of ideas. Conservative employers however, they will not know what to do with it and may reject the application because it does not meet their strict requirements.
The answers to your most common questions
In our webinars we regularly answer your questions about applications and job searches. You can read about it in this article.
Would you like more information on the subject of applications?
We have compiled a lot of knowledge for you in our extensive collective article. Have a look!
- Why is my ear hissing
- Is Westworld better than Game of Thrones
- How trustworthy is Google
- Why is Singapore warmer than Jakarta
- MyCAMS direct mutual funds are good
- What are some of the scariest documentaries
- How are Japanese girls doing
- What are high expectations
- Why do people take boring work
- What is the purpose of African art
- Will science and religion ever meet
- Greatness Why are men taller than women
- Who brought Christianity to America
- Can a magnet damage my MacBook Air?
- What are localization and globalization
- There will be WBJEE in 2020
- Can Ohio Unemployment Be Extended?
- What qualities make engineers good management consultants?
- Which ETFs are better vanguards or fidelitys
- Is humanity good or bad
- Is Indrapuram safe for girls
- What do you know about home insurance
- What makes you really happy at work?
- How do you manage a creative team