Why is a visa not approved?
Questions and answers about the electronic travel authorization ESTA for the USA.
Common questions about US electronic travel authorization
In our FAQ on ESTA USA we answer common customer questions about traveling to the United States of America. If you would like more information about our service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In which cases does ESTA apply Not?The electronic permit does not apply if you
- plan to pursue a paid or unpaid job in the USA (au pairs and short-term workers such as journalists need a visa and are not eligible for ESTA.)
- visit a training facility on site (also applies to language schools)
- take part in an exchange program
- are engaged in research in the USA
- get married in the United States and plan to reside there afterwards
- You enter the country with a means of transport that does not operate regularly (e.g. pilots, sailors)
- plan to stay longer than 90 days
- The purpose of your trip is not tourist (including transit) or business
- hold a US visa.
Does the ESTA still have to be valid when leaving the country?No, the permit only needs to be valid upon entry. However, it is not permitted to exceed the maximum length of stay of 90 days per entry!
What are the passport and immigration requirements for the United States?Please read our information on passport requirements or contact the American embassy.
How long is the ESTA valid?The period of validity is 2 years, unless the electronic permit is revoked or the passport with which it was applied for expires.
I already have an ESTA, but have personal data changed (new passport, name change, citizenship, etc.) or the answer to one of the questions asked in the application ("yes / no") is different? - What should I do?You need a new permit. This is chargeable.
Is there a possibility that I will be refused entry?The US authorities will check all the information in your ESTA application and then inform you whether it has been approved or denied. Please note that ESTA does not automatically entitle you to entry. The US border guards make the final decision on the spot. As a rule, however, there are no problems at the border crossing if all of the information you provide on the ESTA form is truthful.
Do I need a hard copy of the travel authorization?No, ESTA is completely paperless. The U.S. government stores your information electronically. They are available to the border officials upon entry. Printing out the application number and ESTA status and taking them with you is recommended - but not mandatory!
Are there embargo periods when re-entering with ESTA?No, no blocking periods are known. You can enter the USA as often as you like within the 2-year period of validity. Be prepared, however, that the border guards will ask you to justify your re-entry.
What happens if the application for an ETA is rejected?In this case, it is necessary to apply for a visa at a competent US diplomatic mission abroad. A new ESTA application should not be submitted if there are no obvious errors when filling out the application form. ESTA fees apply.
Does König Tours need my original passport?No, a copy of the picture page is sufficient when we apply for your ESTA for you.
Is König Tours authorized to apply for me?Yes, it is permitted to commission a third party to obtain the ESTA.
Do i need a credit card?If you submit the application yourself, you will need a credit card. If you use our service, alternative payment methods are available to you.
I am traveling to the United States by air or land from Canada or Mexico - do I need an ESTA?No, in these cases an ESTA is not required. You can get the entry permit for a fee (6 US dollars) directly at the border. You will need your passport and - if available - further evidence such as B. Onward travel tickets and adequate finances. Allow a little time at the border crossing. A form has to be filled out.
- There were black biblical signs
- What's the harm in unions
- What do you remember from elementary school
- Can cops watch porn
- Why is marine insurance important
- Have you ever said something inappropriate by mistake?
- How does the SNOT construction work
- Improves the character of hardship and / or struggle
- Is social democracy a dying ideology
- Why do people reject outsourcing
- What is the agile methodology in SDLC
- How did Luxembourg get so rich
- Is relevant today by George Orwell 1984
- What is the most useless college degree
- What causes hyperinflation in Venezuela
- How was your tour experience in Pakistan
- Should the door hinges be on the outside
- Reads one book too much every day
- What is secondary and tertiary care
- What is the maximum package in MMM
- What causes sulfur-smelling belching and vomiting
- Why is Karachi not the capital of Pakistan
- Violence leads to more violence
- Why do babies squirm while breastfeeding?