English can remain the global language
English How the English language became the world language
Average rating: 4.10 of 5 with 30 votes.
Because there are so many different languages on earth, it is useful to have a language that everyone speaks or understands - at least a little. This task has mainly been done by English since the 19th century. How it came about is here.
From: Kathrin Hasselbeck
Status: November 20, 2018
The expansion of the British Empire, the British Empire. The English started very early, around 1500, to sail the oceans and conquer foreign countries. So it came about that in the 19th century Australia, New Zealand, India, parts of China and Africa and North America, among others, were under English rule. In some of these countries, English has established itself as the main national language.
Nowadays America, or rather the USA, has a great influence on world affairs. America often sets the tone in politics and economics, but above all in modern pop music - including, of course, Great Britain, which is also English. Whether rock'n'roll, swing, blues, hip-hop or rap - everything made in USA or made in the UK. Since this music is heard in almost every country in the world, the language in which it is sung also spreads.
Incidentally, while English is the most widely spoken language in the world, it is not the most widely spoken. Just the standard Chinese language Mandarin is spoken by a lot more people because there are so many Chinese in the world. For comparison: "Only" around 320 million people speak English as their mother tongue, while Mandarin is spoken by around 870 million Chinese! However, if you count all people among the native English speakers who have learned English as their own language, then you even catch up with the Chinese: Worldwide, up to a billion people can speak and understand English. So instead of having to learn the many thousands of languages in the world in order to be able to converse with people, English is simply used as a language bridge on which to meet. That's great, isn't it?
- Which fruit in Australia is underestimated
- Will China ever become democratic?
- Who are the richest billionaire families today?
- What are digital currencies
- What bothers you about black people
- What are some crazy extreme sports
- What are anesthesiologists
- Is it necessary to make a contribution to society
- What are some examples of bullets
- Should I take this job
- How do I start startups in India
- How did Islam gain relevance
- How do non-ISTPs feel about ISTPs
- Can this relationship be saved and how
- How can I learn to build
- What is a dress code
- What is Honduras famous for
- What are some of the downsides of war
- What are some must-have fitness machines
- What do coffee inlets do
- Obama has two citizenships
- How much do food allergy tests cost
- How long do acrylic paintings last
- Why did Kate die in NCIS
- What is quantum cryptography
- Why was television called television
- What causes off-center vision in binoculars
- How does the economy affect history?
- What is the difference between dinner and dinner
- Believe that power corrupts
- How many women did Akbar have
- How is the monthly tax calculated