What is the service economy
In contrast to the production of goods (material goods), one speaks of services intangible goods.
As a typical Characteristic of services the simultaneity of production and consumption is considered (e.g. taxi ride, hair care in a hairdressing salon, theater performance). Since the immediate, mostly personal Work performance of the producer makes up the essential content of the services here, only slight possibilities for increasing productivity are seen. This became the thesis of a general one Productivity lag of services versus the production of goods (three-sector hypothesis). In modern economies such tied services but only of relatively minor importance; rather, the dynamics of the service sector as a whole will depend on the development unbound services for which a temporal and spatial decoupling of production and consumption is quite characteristic. In the case of these non-tied services, to which in particular the production or business-related services belong (financial services, technical services), the use of technical aids (EDP, communication technologies) allows productivity increases that can be far above those of industrial production.
Service exports exist when residents provide services for foreigners. Imports of services are used when foreigners provide services for residents at home or abroad.
See also balance of payments, balance of services.
Statistical information on services is collected within the framework of service statistics. Service companies are surveyed whose focus is on economic activity in the economic sectors of transport and storage, information and communication, real estate and housing, the provision of professional, scientific and technical services, the provision of other economic services and the repair of data processing equipment and consumer goods department the economic branch classification (WZ 08).
- Should we ban old environmentally harmful cars
- Does technology really help build relationships
- How do you calculate the total credit hours
- Where do baby boomers hang out online
- Great Britain is a Christian country
- What is Flutter App Development
- What if I do an enema
- What are some alternatives to Bloomberg terminals
- The apostle Paul was married
- What makes flying an airplane so difficult
- How can web browsers execute CSS code
- Why is reggae music so popular
- What cultural difference ended your relationship
- Like white men, Hispanic girls
- Violence leads to more violence
- Which juices are good for the liver?
- Why are countries becoming tax havens
- How do I feel Jesus
- How to Make Ezekiel Bread
- How do you know if you are bilingual?
- Which is the highest paid power supply 1
- Can we get BDS at 70 percentiles
- The Chinese celebrate Holi
- How can risks be dealt with?
- How is cgpa calculated at SVNIT
- What does the name Jesus mean
- Why do some people die of fear
- Electrical engineers are in great demand
- Can India defeat the US?
- Why are nurses underpaid in India
- Who are some ambidextrous tennis players
- Is overrated Chartered Accountancy in India