Why do we have to cook food
We should make up for food as soon as possible
Why do we actually eat? The most banal answer to this question is: Because our body needs food in order to function. But eating is much more than that. Food is a cultural asset, a connecting element and a sociological distinguishing feature.
Eating can be a substitute and also a means of self-optimization. Whereby eating is often not primarily about eating, but about not eating it. Because those who can do without are considered disciplined. And those who are disciplined have not only themselves but also their lives under control.
The new "SchniPo" is foregoing
Who can eat a large piece of cake without having a bad conscience afterwards? Who orders a cordon bleu with french fries in a restaurant without immediately making the resolution to compensate for this hedonistic mortal sin with a double jog the next day?
Pasta carbonara? For heaven's sake, no carbohydrates and no bacon cubes at all! Butter plait with jam for breakfast? You can go straight back to bed and pull the covers over your head for the rest of the day! If the day doesn't start with at least a chia bowl or a green smoothie, it's already lost.
Every plate a trap
So every plate seems to be a trap, every meal has the potential to lure us into an ambush where bad fats and empty calories stand in the way of self-optimization. Whereby we are not even safe from the raw food plate. Conventionally grown salads and vegetables can contain toxins such as carcinogenic pesticide residues.
Don't drive yourself crazy!
So how can we still enjoy eating when we are led to believe that it is fundamentally damaging to our figure, health and beauty? My advice: Stop worrying too much today. Away with the açai bowl and here with the chicken in the chörbli.
Why consume a green smoothie for breakfast when you're in the mood for honey rolls and warm cocoa? Why not drink sparkling mineral water if you prefer that to boredom with still water just because it's supposed to be healthier? Those who trust their senses, feel their body, notice what is good for them and when enough is enough.
Cook yourself, enjoy the food
Real, real food that is self-prepared and therefore does not contain any additives such as flavor enhancers or preservatives is never a bad thing.
Anyone who bans microwave junk food, energy drinks and substitute meals from their life is guaranteed not to have a guilty conscience when they eat a plate of honest food. Especially not when it comes to homemade pasta that is generously sprinkled with stringed cheese.
Because authentic comfort food is exactly the kind of food that holistically nourishes the body and mind and ultimately makes us happy and satisfied. And satisfied people, on the other hand, do not feel the need to stuff themselves with mountains of sweets or junk food out of frustration.
- Where can I buy inexpensive stationary online
- What causes sulfur-smelling belching and vomiting
- Which cooking shows do cooks watch
- The EU is in decline
- Is Paris a city worth visiting
- Here is someone obsessed with Donald Trump
- What is an apprenticeship in Germany
- Why are countries becoming tax havens
- Can anyone prove Euclid's fifth postulate?
- What are the benefits of a light breakfast
- How much do marine engineers currently earn
- The Vietnamese treat Cambodians as fools
- When was the first laptop introduced?
- How can you personally help the government?
- How do you admire someone
- What is a useful tip for parents
- France has traditional French clothing
- Is ETH dead
- The Democratic Party falls apart
- How is a Moroccan breakfast
- How are good journalists paid
- Why should poor people pay taxes
- Why are hearing aids important
- How is a geological map analyzed