Why are great clips so cheap?
Compress Video: How to Shrink Large Video Files
Have you ever tried to send a video, but the maximum file size has been exceeded? Or are video files taking up too much space on your computer that you actually need for other files? Numerous tools and programs offer the right solution and the opportunity to Compress videoswithout noticeably reducing the quality. We will give you an overview of all the options for making videos smaller.
Why compress videos?
In the meantime, the local data storage of computers is so large that most users can get along with it without any problems. However, compared to documents or pictures, videos need lots of storage space. A hard drive can fill up quickly even if there is actually plenty of space available. However, it is not necessary to do without video files and even to delete them. Numerous tools make it possible to shrink video files and thus significantly reduce the file size.
Even before sending or a Upload of video files, it is worth making them smaller. This means that uploads are completed faster and you no longer exceed the maximum permitted file size when sending e-mails.
Thanks to high-resolution smartphone cameras, numerous videos of good quality are also created in the private sector. Would you also like to get into video production? There are various video editing programs for cutting and editing your recordings, which are also suitable for beginners.
What are the options for making videos smaller?
There are basically two options available to you to reduce the size of a video file:
- Online tools: Start compressing videos right away without any prior installation.
- Software to download: With free and paid software, you can compress videos even without an internet connection.
In the following we present some online tools and programs as examples and use them to explain step by step how to reduce the size of your videos.
Compress videos with online tools
The easiest and fastest way online tools are available to compress a video. The prerequisite for this is an existing internet connection, which Installation of a programnot applicable.
We will show you how to reduce the size of your videos online using the example of the free tools Clideo and Wondershare.
Clideo: compress videos online with little loss of quality
The online tool Clideo automatically selects the suitable parameters off to the Loss of quality low to keep. To compress your video, go to Clideo's website and follow these steps:
- Click on the "Select file" button. Then select the video via the File path and confirm your selection with a click on "Open" or drag the video with Drag and drop in the appropriate area.
- The Upload starts automatically. Clideo shows you the progress of the process.
- As soon as the upload is complete, the tool starts automatically with the Compression.
- to save The video locally or select Dropbox or Google Drive as the storage location.
|✔ Modern user interface||✘ Original file limited to 500 MB|
|✔ Secure encryption||✘ Final video file contains subtle watermark|
|✔ Preview video before download|
Wondershare: shrink videos online without watermark
Wondershare offers a wide variety of multimedia products. This includes a free video compressor that can be used to compress popular video formats online. A clear advantage over other free online tools: This video compressor adds in the final video file no watermark a. Here's how to compress your video using the Wondershare tool:
- Drag the video file via Drag and drop in the appropriate area or open the video via the File path.
- Then place various output settings fixed, such as the desired resolution or format. Click on the "Compress" button to start the process.
- Once the process is complete, save the compressed video file in your local storage or directly in your Dropbox.
|✔ Also available as a download version||✘ No connection to Google Drive|
|✔ Individual output settings|
|✔ No watermark|
Create a homepage with IONOS
MyWebsite is the turnkey solution for your professional presence on the Internet, including a personal advisor!
Compress videos with these free programs
Although WLAN connections are increasingly available nationwide, there is not always an active Internet connection. If you compress videos regularly and use this function on the go, we recommend installing the appropriate software. We provide you three practical programs with which you can reduce the data size of videos at any time even without an Internet connection.
VLC player: Compress all file formats
The VLC player is a popular media player software that especially many and among them less common file formats supported. However, a practical function is unknown to many users. The VLC player can also be used to reduce the size of videos. To reduce the file size of a video, follow these steps:
- Choose the "Media" tab and then the "Convert / Save" option out.
- Click on the "Add" button and select the appropriate video.
- Confirm your selection with "Convert / Save".
- Place on request more settings for export. This step can also be skipped.
- Put the Location for the compressed video file.
- Click “Start” and wait for the VLC player to finish compressing.
|✔ Versatile tool||✘ No management of media|
|✔ Supports many file formats||✘ Outdated user interface|
|✔ Good playback quality|
|✔ Compatible with all operating systems|
|✔ Optional settings for compression|
This step by step video explains how to use a Compress video with VLC player:
With another click you load the video from YouTube. In this case, YouTube can set cookies over which we have no influence.
Freemake Video Converter
Use the Freemake Video Converter to reduce the size of videos, you determine the yourself exact size of the target file. The disadvantage of the free version: All edited videos contain a annoying watermark. To compress a video, do the following:
- Left-click on the "Video" button and select the appropriate one Video file out.
- Choose the one you want format out.
- This will open a window in which you can enter the new Resolution of the video establish. The smaller this is, the smaller the file size.
- Click the button "Convert" and start the compression.
Only reduce the resolution of the video as much as necessary to match the Video quality to be retained as far as possible.
|✔ Supports many formats||✘ Videos contain watermarks|
|✔ Freely selectable file size||✘ Only suitable for Windows|
Compress, create, and edit videos with paid tools
Not only do you want to shrink videos, but also create and edit yourself, then it is worth investing in a paid program. We introduce you to two popular video editing and video editing programs that also allow you to compress existing videos.
MAGIX Video Deluxe: Professional video editing for beginners
The video editing software MAGIX Video Deluxe fits user interfaceand functionsof your experience at. Therefore, the professional tool is also suitable for beginners. The cheapest package costs around 70 euros and includes, among other things. 900 effects, template and transitions. We explain how you can use it to compress a video:
- Import the Video file.
- Follow that Menu path “File”> “Export Movie”> “Video as MPEG-4” or “Video as HEVC”. In either case, the software will export your video in MP4 format.
- In the export dialog select a matching preset or set the resolution and frame rate manually a.
|✔ Clear interface||✘ Many features are only available in more expensive versions|
|✔ Comparatively cheap|
Filmora: Compress Videos with the Free Trial
The professional video editing and editing program Filmora is also for beginners suitable. The trial version includes all the features of the program but adds a watermark to the videos. Still, the free trial version offers a practical solution to shrink videos. We explain how to do it:
- Import The video or drag the file via Drag and drop in the program.
- If you wish, you can Videoto edit or adjust the length to make the video file smaller.
- If you have completed this step or would like to skip it, click on the "Create" button. Then select the triangle button to open the setting options.
- Reduce the resolution, the frame rate and other parameters to the Minimize file size.
|✔ Switch between beginner and professional mode||✘ Watermark in the free version|
|✔ Comparatively cheap|
HiDrive cloud storage from IONOS!
With a Germany-based data center, the cloud storage for your data: secure and flexible for all devices!
Compress images - this is how it works
The storage volume of computers increases year after year. More and more gigabytes and terabytes are available. Still, it makes sense to keep the size of files small - especially if you run your own website. Because compressed data means faster loading times, happier visitors and a better Google ranking. You should especially consider pictures for use on your ...
Embed HTML videos on the website - this is how it works
HTML5 makes delivering video content easier than ever. The latest version of the markup language defines a native video element and the associated programming interface. Alternatively, website operators have the option of embedding audiovisual content on their own website via video platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo.
The 8 best YouTube alternatives at a glance
YouTube has revolutionized the Internet: Since its inception, video content has become a real triumph. The service now has more than a billion users. This is the absolute top value among the video portals that no competitor can achieve. In view of this initial situation, the following questions arise: Are there any other video portals at all? Which...
Vlogs - from video diary to marketing tool
With a vlog you address your followers directly and thus convey an impression of your personality. But what is a vlog anyway? Here you can find out what is behind the term, how vlogging works and how you can use it not only to appear more authentic, but also to significantly increase your reach and to retain your followers in the long term.
WordPress: Embed video - this is how it works
With video content, you can give your WordPress projects the finishing touches: videos are more in demand than ever as eye-catchers, but also as an important content element. In the following article you will learn what options WordPress offers to integrate videos and how the different variants for inserting WordPress videos work.
- What is a Science Olympiad
- Why Cats Treat Temptations
- Are two card tarot readings correct?
- Some cats actually have Aspergers Syndrome
- Why do I feel alone with myself
- Who can issue a DSC
- What programming language does Code org
- How can I import salt from Pakistan
- What are the different styles of sword fighting
- Are there psychological causes for bad breath
- Why does my mother like to be angry?
- What is an au pair
- Is communication a learned skill or an instinct
- Who is better Glee Cast or Pentatonix
- What is perksatwork com
- What is 5G
- People today have enough free time
- What is a shelf company
- Is biodiesel a profitable business?
- How do you enforce positive discipline
- How do I overcome my old mistakes
- Arabs consider Albanians to be true Muslims
- Are the Tatars Asians or whites
- How do I change major subjects in college?